not allowed to get a bike anymore :(

my cousin was getting on the highway and took it to redline and a cop saw him so being the idiot he is he took off and the cops getting fired now because your not allowed to chase a biker on the highway but anyway he was flying down the highway with the cop chasing him and still not sure what happened because my cousin is still in a coma but apparently the cop hit him (not sure on the real story once again) and he flew off his bike and hit a tree. the only reason he ran is because he doesnt have a license (stupid idea in the first place). he has a 50/50 chance right now of dying but if he does live through it (would be a miracle) he will be paralyzed from the neck down but that goes to show that if you gotta bike you cant be a retard on it or at least learn how to ride it (he was always the shittiest driver with anything) and now my chances of owning one is ruined for good because of my parents and my thoughts now after going to see him.

when and where did this happen? obviously today/last night? on what road, what police department? any new article on it?

oh and obviously sorry to hear about your cousin. thats really unfortunate… they arent suppose to persue after 90mph because of things like this, not sure how fast he was going though.

well i just found out about it today but it happened i think a little less then a week ago. it happened in menands or right near there if theres a highway around there? i could be mistaken though. not sure on the police dept but i think it was in the paper. im not really close with him ive seen him like 5 times my whole life. hes only 24 though which sucks so much to have that happen at such a young age

yeah… being paralized is never fun, at any age… younger the worse though i suppose. Well sorry to hear about that, i tookt he state trooper exam and if i get on the force at some point i refuse to chase a bike, i wouldnt even pull out after one. I’m not going to be held responsible for someone splattering into a tree, if and when they crash, i’ll get the call and go clean up their own mess. Not one that i caused.

yea if i was a cop i wouldnt either

i just found the article on his crash
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=699831

hah my story compared to the new paper one is completely different?

close enough…

i know officer John Crossman. i went to school with his son’s. :wow

yea from what i hear hes getting fired or something? idk tho because after reading that article it puts all the blame on my cousin when its the cops kinda too because your especially not allowed to chase them in a city area

Dont you know that the system is always in favor of the cop?
Worst case the cop gets a slap on the wrist and some paid vacation time.

sad but true, unless he was ordered to end the chase and disobeyed those orders, and then something like this happened.

yea thats what sucks about our justice system its never gonna work out to our advantage ever

It’s not going to go to the advantage of the Criminal/Person breaking the law, that’s what the system is for. If some biker hits your car because he lost control while running from the cops, you would see the situation from a different perspective.

It’s very unfortunate to hear about your cousin, but I must say the parents reaction is not the important one here, yours is.

You shouldn’t be getting a bike if you never want to see yourself in that position. Anybody even considering the motorcycle should expect the worst case scenario to happen this time out and plan ahead for it to make sure it doesn’t happen at all.

It amazes me when people sell their bike after the accident because they finally realize how dangerous it is :headbang

no i know trust me i accepted the fact of the dangerous ways with a bike. you can ask the kid with the UN of kramerbuccs he will tell you that i pretty much have no fear with anything but when i saw him in the hospital i immediatly said i dont want one

If seeing him was the only thing that caused you to change your mind, then you never really excepted the risk originally. Trust me on this one, even if you think you realize the risk, it’s not the same as actually going through it. Knowing it and experiencing it are a world apart. The wound on my leg came within of one centimeter of taking my life three weeks ago, and I was riding today. I however will never have the same opinion about riding, sounds cliche, I know, yet I always knew the scenario and the risk and that’s why I’m still on two wheels. However at least three of my close friends no longer want a motorcycle after seeing what I went through.

yea i understand you. i think i knew the risks about it but i just wasnt planning on it happening to me so i didnt really look at it like that

I don’t know what law says cops cant chase bikes? There are rules that if the chase becomes overly dangerous they will call it off, like excessive speeds in high traffic areas and such(and that is at the officers choice whether he or she thinks its gone too far) but to put any blame on a cop trying to do his job is silly. It sucks that your cousin is hurt, but the cop shouldn’t get any hassle at all.

:+1

the police officer was just trying to do his job and protect the public from your cousin’s reckless and endangering illegal actions. I hope your cousin makes it out with the best recovery possible, but often times we have to pay for our stupid mistakes.

if i was the cop i woulda called it off because it was overly dangerous with excessive speeds through neighborhoods but idk its done with and i barely know my cousin i seen him 5 times at most in 18 years so it doesnt effect me that much (not being an asshole but if he was closer to me i would be more concerned about it)

Billy Foley is afraid of nothing I have seen so far. Kid is as crazy as a shit house rat. :nod

:lol :lol :lol