NY troopers plan to target speeders this week

This. Stay under 20, any lane, never a ticket.

This. I despise people using their phones while driving, and I drive like an old lady. It comes with age and wisdom.

Negged. Serious, and I never neg anyone.

^ That. I ride so slow on the highway I literally get pass by mini vans because I also use the 5~8 mph rule.

I was once told that NYS actually lose money if they have to process a $90 speeding ticket (anything 10mph or below). Highway cops/troopers don’t even blink if you are cruising no more than 10+mph over the speed limit.

The real money maker is the low speed stuff in the city where they can prey on the old, the weak and the women who drives along at the insane speed of 41 on a 30mph zone. An instant $180 ticket and zero risk to them.

Dude you scared me when we rode on the highway together.

It’s not safe for a biker to be constantly passed left and right.

I don’t care what the limit is, I’m going with the general flow of traffic or a little above.

I was freaking out as I’m not used to being passed on highwy and I’m not putting that much trust into someone else to notice me going slower and navigate around me. I’d rather only worry about people in front of me. Plus using the middle lane wasn’t the best choice.

On that note, don’t ever try to ride like that in New York City or you will get killed. Speed limits are mere suggestions there.

Trying driving a Supra with the Section 518 cruise, worst idea ever. :rofl

Hey, I told you I am a rebel who likes to live life dangerously. People who simply speed pass other cars are clearly pussies…:crackup

I drive my company car about 1,000 miles a week and I can tell you they are out in force.

Colonie pd setting up speed trap just north of bought rd. now so be careful.

its a traffic cam same thing as the new one right by the rest area near exit 25

yep DOT watch dog. the thruway has those down by the 21 exits. first time i buzzed through it a few years ago, i was going a bit over 65 so i thought i was pinched :ohnoes

Hm it hasn’t set off my laser warning on my RD again. Just that 1 day when it first appeared. Must’ve just been from something else in the area. Crazy coincidence then. I never get laser falses. :wow

hmm they are deffinatly out hardbody…

got yanked on wed for speed contest in evo LOL

Yikes bro, that’s a bad ticket in NY right? (not that any tickets are good). I got one about 12 years ago in AZ, cost me about a G to get out of it

I didnt really see any extra cops on the northway or thruway (24-25) all week. I was actually expecting to see more but didnt even seen them in their usual hiding spots on the northway like on the shoulder by exit 5 and in the grass along the bridge past exit 6 northbound.

You’re blind, I was on the Northway Fri-Sat from exit 19 to 36, literally 3 times as many cops

well from exit 1 to exit 14 I didnt see any extras and I atleast go up to exit 9 and back all week.

I wasnt on the northway all weekend but was Monday-Friday

Yeah, they started ramping it up Friday afternoon

I traveled exit 20 to 7 multiple times this past week and saw an increase for sure

They were very heavy on the Thruway this past week.

Been there done that.

SUCKED :rofl

got lasered this evening by a trooper on 87 heading north while i was working…