OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

ugh.

i miss him… he was my favorite sabre… if they signed him to a long term deal, i was going to “invest” in a campbell jersey…

word i want to grow a playoff beard.

goddammit what a goal. Him missing is really beginning to hurt us on the pp and on the back.

While his gay-o-rama was pretty nice, that was just a horrible attempt of a save by Price. Even Cloutier could’ve saved that.

I’m more worried about the chemisty of the team after losing Campbell than I am upset about losing him as a player. Spacek looks lost without a steady partner, and I don’t blame him. Sekera got called up to play tonight, while Kalinin’s going to sit along with Paille. Spacek is going to be playing with a 3rd different defenseman in 3 weeks.

Losing Campbell just fucks up their defensive pairings.

Tallinder-Lydman
Kalinin-Pratt (even though Pratt has struggled as of late, he’s still one of their more solid D-men)
Spacek-???

It wouldn’t have hurt the defensive chemistry so much if Ruff didn’t go and fuck up two lines instead of one. I was sure they would just slot Paetsch in with Spacek, but no, lets fuck up the solid line of Kalinin and Pratt to move Kalinin up with Spacek and put Paetsch with Pratt. :bloated:

Yeah, I complained about that too. But that must really say something about Paetsch’s ability to suck like no other.

I wouldn’t mind seeing:

Tallinder-Lydman
Spacek-Sekera (if he plays like the Sekera that was called up earlier)
Pratt-Kalinin

I just don’t know how Sekera will perform with that many minutes on a nightly basis.

Yeah. I’m not one to second guess Ruff, but that had me scratching my head too. They work well as a pairing - not so much apart.

This down-to-the-wire bullshit sucks.

While I’d rather them be comfortably locked into a playoff position right now, this stretch has been extremely exciting. Last year it was just like, alright, they’re going to make the playoffs, so let’s just hurry it up and get there. Now, every single game is a playoff game.

I dig it.

there isn’t really anyone comfortably locked into a playoff spot…first place is still wayyy up for grabs

god i love that goal

I was comparing this year’s run compared to last year’s. Last year was the perfect setup for huge disappointment.

and being a Buffalo team, they delivered.

i guarantee VICTORY tonite!

I’ll put money on this going the other way.

Micah I hope your are right. This is an absolutely MUST WIN tonight if this team has any hopes to reach the top eight at this season’s end. Mathematically they will not be down and out, but dropping 5 pts. behind Philly and giving the Caps the chance to pass them tomorrow would be a aweful.

ugh… i already cant deal with these fucking morons talking.

vs.=fucktards!

HOLY SHIT MAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Radio
rick ftw!

:picard: yup looks good right now