*OFFICIAL* Buffalo Sabres 2007 Off-Season Thread

+/- really doesnt matter to me when it comes to forwards but a defensemen big into the - is not good at all souray i not worth 5 mil maybe 3 but for 5 we coulda had smyth

Did anyone hear Darcy on WGR around 4:30?

It seemed to me that he was saying that they will not be making ANY big free agent signings.

if there not gonna put together a cup team or even a playoff team and are worried bout making money they should just get rid of everybody make money this year. take a run next year, who wants to pay for tickets to a mediocere team. seriously the people who ar gonna buy tickets to see a budget team are gonna pay no matter who you put out there, the orginazation needs to stop thinking the fans are stupid, we see through the bullshit, and the studdering at the press confrence just reafferms what everyone was thinking that they are fucking idiots only worried about there own pockets. I feel bad for Ruff he honestly is the only person that keeps the team worth watching and can get just about anybody to work for him, he really seems to care and id like to hear his thoughts on the whole situation.

philadelphia is gonna be fucked in a couple years when they realized theyve spent so much money on briere and the few other guys they brought in since free agency began. theyre gonna have no money to spend on anybody except people that are cheap in the near future.

You didnt hear it from me, but my ‘inside source’ has Regier trying to land Forsberg. stay tuned.

i liked forsberg in colorado since im an avs fan too; hated him in philly…wouldnt mind seeing him here.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:220,topic:30906"”]

It’s always such a huge deal when a player leads the nhl in +/- (ie Vanek), but when they have a career record in the negatives, “you’re too hung up on stats, numbers, etc.”, lol.

Yeah, +/- is just a number, but it says something about a player when they’re on the ice MORE OFTEN when an opponent scores on their team, than when their team scores on the opponent.

And do I really need to say this another friggen time? HE’S AN OKAY PLAYER, BUT NOT WORTH 5 MILLION DOLLARS.

edit-Not to mention he had 135 PIM last season. Holy Shit.

Adam Mair had 128. But again that’s just a number. It’s really not a big deal when your 5 million dollar defenseman (who would probably be the highest paid player on the team) is in the penalty box more than your bully tough guy.

[/quote]

i wasn’t gonna bother but i’m killing time before hockey…

ok lets look at some other players on the montreal from last year, and their +/- ratings

saku koivu -21
sheldon souray -28
michael ryder -25
alex kovalev -19
francis bouillon -11
guillaume latendresse -20
chris higgins -11
janne niinimaa -13

gee all those guys must really suck, because they have bad +/- ratings. theres more than one guy on the ice when the other team scores a goal, saying someone plays terrible defensivly because they have a poor +/- rating is a cop out, there is so much more going on there. so does souray control what his other 4 teammates on the ice are doing? or more importantly his goaltender? +/- can be such a misleading stat, and one that shouldn’t be weighted as heavily as you are making it to be

edit and since your so stuck on vaneks numbers…so if he was a +47, he must be a really good at playing in his own zone right? hmmm cuase last i checked, vanek doesn’t kill penalties :gotme:

Regier’s comments today (around 4:45pm on WGR) on Free Agency came off with the Cliffs of

_Free Agency signings are a waste of the organizations money

Not saying it isn’t just a smoke-screen…

Take what you will from it.

:word:

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:227,topic:30906"”]

i wasn’t gonna bother but i’m killing time before hockey…

ok lets look at some other players on the montreal from last year, and their +/- ratings

saku koivu -21
sheldon souray -28
michael ryder -25
alex kovalev -19
francis bouillon -11
guillaume latendresse -20
chris higgins -11
janne niinimaa -13

gee all those guys must really suck, because they have bad +/- ratings. theres more than one guy on the ice when the other team scores a goal, saying someone plays terrible defensivly because they have a poor +/- rating is a cop out, there is so much more going on there. so does souray control what his other 4 teammates on the ice are doing? or more importantly his goaltender? +/- can be such a misleading stat, and one that shouldn’t be weighted as heavily as you are making it to be

[/quote]

:word:

they’re … mediocre… organization… conference… reaffirms… their…

come on brother. wtf.

on topic, forsberg will not help us. also, i really can’t believe that quote from the press conference… “we’re not going to be as competitive this year”… wow, thats just horrible.

[quote=“slowtalon,post:223,topic:30906"”]

if there not gonna put together a cup team or even a playoff team and are worried bout making money they should just get rid of everybody make money this year. take a run next year, who wants to pay for tickets to a mediocere team. seriously the people who ar gonna buy tickets to see a budget team are gonna pay no matter who you put out there, the orginazation needs to stop thinking the fans are stupid, we see through the bullshit, and the studdering at the press confrence just reafferms what everyone was thinking that they are fucking idiots only worried about there own pockets. I feel bad for Ruff he honestly is the only person that keeps the team worth watching and can get just about anybody to work for him, he really seems to care and id like to hear his thoughts on the whole situation.

[/quote]

damn spell check nazi you know i dont care about spelling or punctuation you get the point of what im saying

i just heard zubrus is gone to toronto anyone else hear this

^ Nothing on TSN.CA yet, and they’ve been pretty much first to report on every move.

[quote=“slowtalon,post:233,topic:30906"”]

i just heard zubrus is gone to toronto anyone else hear this

[/quote]

A few days ago someone had a quote from Zubrus that said he was not expecting to be back in Buffalo next season.

Quotes from a few days ago don’t mean much now that the idiot boys (Quinn and Regier) plan of keeping Drury fell apart. I’m guessing they’re throwing money at “the best of what’s left”.

Doesn’t mean Zubris will stay though, or if he’ll even want to with Drury and Briere gone now.

http://letsgosabres.com/pressbox/fullstory.php?newsid=10398

All I keep asking myself when I read this article is what is Golasano thinking? I mean he bought a team in debt and turned it into a competing hockey team. Now these two idiots are just letting everything go and basically going to but the team back to where it was.

you know I’m really sure there is more to it… than what everything seems to think… I doubt they were just like FUCK THIS GOOD BYE DRURY AND BRIERE…

They have something up their sleeve, whether it worked out (maybe going for smyth) or not… they had a plan

Quinn and Regier

There are not many things in life that I “hate” hate is a very powerful word but right now I hate these 2 assholes. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 and I have to admit that I didn’t understand the significance of making offers to Drury and Briere as soon as possible (right after Jan 1 for Briere) until now but that’s not my job, my job is to buy tickets and support the team which I will continue to do. I will however make signs about how stupid these two jerks are and do everything in my power to get them into the games next year.

This isn’t just about Drury and Briere, this goes much deeper and back quite a few years.

Last but not least I’m drunk and angry right now !!!

I tend to believe they overplayed their hand and ended up losing the gamble.