OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

^ I never said Kaleta was what we needed. What we needed was to not lose the first 3. At this point I’d like to just enjoy watching one more game, even if we lose, which is why I’d like to see Kaleta. If he manages to knock out Neil’s last remaining tooth, so much the better.

I can’t get on board with the, “we’re still in it, I’m not giving up” mentality. Teams that have a shot a coming back like that lost their first 3 games from bad bounces, while they were giving it 100% the entire game, diving to block shots, winning battles, and not looking like a special olympics team on the power play. The Sabres haven’t played that way all post season, so I’m confident this season is over.

Call it bandwagon jumping if it makes you feel better, but go back to the start of this thread this season, or even the thread from last season, and you’ll see I’ve watched pretty much every game. It’s a sad sight when a real fan has given up. I’m sure I’ll be watching tomorrow night, and any other games they draw it out to. Maybe I’ll see the real Sabres show up, but until them I’m sticking with my, “it’s over” mentality.

I will say this though, it feels a lot better going out because they don’t deserve it than getting knocked out due to a bunch of bad luck like last year. Last year it felt like someone kicked me in the stomach, where this year I’m pretty much just laughing at them.

And I’ll continue believing the presidents trophy was probably the worst thing that could have happened to this team. If you listen to them in post game interviews, or watch their half ass’d performance on the ice, it’s pretty clear they think they’re entitled to be in the finals because they are, “the best in the league”. They play a lot better as the underdog.

I just can’t get past the fact there won’t be any more hockey, period, in a few weeks. :frowning:

ehhh its only for like 3 months

Yeah I love that. I wish football would take shorter breaks.

I didnt mean we need him because hitting people would make us win , itd just be awesome to see someone elses body flying on the ice besides a sabre player.I say bring up kaleta and throw peters in and have a hell of a agressive game and hit, hit , hit neil , alfredson,and heatley.

10% of me thinks they can still win the series. They have been making people around the league say “no fucking way” all season long, so why not now?

100% of me says they will win it tomorrow. I really think last nights game was rock bottom for them. The Sens played probably the best they will ever play, and they still only won the game 1-0.

1 game at a time. What scares me though, is that these 2 teams have faced each other 11 times this season, and the Sabs have only won 3 of them :ohnoes:

hmm yea a part of me feels deep down its not over yet, i think we were lazy and not skating as well as we could have i think lindy will really crack the whip tonight and things will be different tomm night.Not saying we will deff win tomm or the series ,but i have a feeling a different game on the sabres end will be played tomm.

I think if they didnt feel the pressure to win a game down 2-0…I really struggle to think they will get up to play down 3-0.

I hope they dont just pack it in and fold the tents but I havent seen anything to really make me think they are up to the task. I think Ottawa is now in their head and totally scrapping and redeveloping the game plan is a long shot at best.

But I will be watching and hoping like most fans that they pull it out.

But that’s the thing, they don’t have to redevelop their game plan. They just have to go back to playing THEIR system. They are so far off their system it’s friggen nuts.

I know that…but THEIR system isnt working against Ottawa.

And I still dont think you deserve to win if you cant score on the PP in May.

I know that everyone is all high on Ottawa right now, but even if they do go on to the Finals I think they will lose.

They are squeaking past the Sabres right now and the Sabres are playing some of their worst hockey of the year. Either Detroit of Anaheim will be poundin the hell out of the Sens.

We don’t know if their system is working because they aren’t playing much of anything right now…as evidenced by their lack of PP goals. They are really lacking confidence right now all around the team.

The only time they played their system was in the 1st period of game 1 and game 2. Game 1 they had 2 bad breaks against them (shorty and the 5 on 3), and game 2 they were all over the Sens. The second and third period for both games they stopped playing the system completely. And last nights game was a system they borrowed from the sweet home high school team.

I’d say their system is working. WHEN THEY PLAY IT. Fucking jerks.

I don’t know man, just because the games are close, I wouldn’t call it “squeaking past”. 3-0 means something. Just like Buffalo didn’t squeak past the Islanders, despite those games being close. If they beat us I hope they do lose though, even when that means the cup goes west.

I dunno…just seems to me that their current system = long shot passes and turnovers combined with an assload of give aways.

The PP is a joke…I cant tell who is on it when the Sabres have the man advantage. Not saying its the biggest problem but 0-17 when u are losing games by a goal is a FUCILLO HUGE problem.

:word: we really came too far and had too good of a season to be swept by any team even if it is the Sens. If the sens do win i hope they get embarassed by detroit or anahiem. The spezza , heatley and alfredson line will not hold up to pronger, lidstrom,niedermayer either of detroits or anahiems defense.

I could be wrong. It is the playoffs and games are usually close, but if Ottawa was the juggernaut (bitch) that everyone seems to talk them up to be and Buffalo is playing as bad as they are, wouldn’t the games be lop sided?

I would be OK with Detroit winning the cup. I would have to pick them as my second favorite team after Buffalo.

Anaheim should never win because they are named after a fucking kids movie.

Ughhh. Fuck Detroit. I’d rather have Anaheim win than them. At least it’d be a team that has never won the cup before.

Ryan Miller.

Enough said.

Well, I think if we do win tomorrow, and we win convincingly, say 4 or 5-1, that can be a huge spark that will wake us the hell up. But I think at this point in order for that to happen, we really need to get some lucky bounces for a dumb goal or two, and we HAVE to do something on the damn PP.