Oil Analysis (not KY)

Some good info in here.

Wonder how no brand oils compare.

Link to thread? Plus I think you have to be member there.

Aside from this forum, SF is the greatest forum on earth. Register. :slight_smile:

SF is good stuff.

There’s a lot of science in synthetic oils and a lot of misinformation out there. There’s more to picking an oil that “it quieted down my lifter tick and doesnt burn any off.” JMHO.

Nicely put Shawn :lol

I’ll stick with Honda-tech as the greatest forum on earth personally, but I’ll look into it, spying is my second nature :ninja :motherland

You are 100% right but I’d destroy this database if I quoted every misinformation. :slight_smile:

Honda-Tech has probably a ton of great information but way too much fanbois and bullshit for me. :slight_smile:

well its had the most positive effect on my motor from as much observation as i could stand/do on my own, i never claimed to be an engineer…

what do you guys think about switching from mobil 1 to amsoil?

think i may just do it…

thats what I’m doing in the spring. Just got a case of it last week :slight_smile:

^^^ how much, and where? do they stock 15w-50? thanks man.

go with the euro 5w-40 like jesse has been reccomending, that’s what i’ll be trying out in the spring…

for both cars ben?

i have run what i’ve ran for so long with no issues. its tough for me to make a decision i guess.

oh idk, im talking about the m50 though

Oh definitely, I wasnt trying to be a dick, just saying that its still probably worth testing it.

The Amsoil 5w40 Euro is what I had tested in my S50 a handful of times.

It’s like $25 for the kit to have it tested right?

I’ll send out my oil before i change it this spring then test the amsoil on the next change for a direct comparo, thanks by the way for the guidance/advice.

ordered directly from amsoil

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=228

FUCK ME!

$60 before shipping…holy shit :frowning:

That’s what big boy oil costs. Go to Bap Geon on Fuller Rd, it’ll be cheaper when you include shipping.

it’s worth paying a couple extra bucks to get it delivered directly to your door… IMO

well i pick up a friend from work at the state campus all the time, and thats pretty close

true