PC owners drive 240 v.Mac hate*vid*

White iMac FTW.

New ones suck.

Mac makes everythin’ easier, even stealin’ shit :smiley:

Does anyone think its possible for mac to replace PC as the leading computer in residences and business’?

I dont.

Yea sure. If they drop prices in light a flame under software development I think they can.

I mean, ever since I bought my Mac, I feel like support has gotten worse or something because everything seems to be about the iPhone and stuff like that these days. I need something new.

Oh, and with these new Macs, they really screwed up. They really aren’t that much better then the previous and they are more expensive. Things are supposed to get cheaper.

that’s cuz Apple’s products are becoming “too” overrated guys, in terms of the higher pricing compared to pc’s and what not.

Price would be key… because in the business world pc’s hold so much market share… mac has no chance… And whoever said mac’s are gay because they are for designer fags where as pc’s are for gamers… lol @ you… there is a place called the real world, visit it.

Apple’s kicking Microsoft’s ass right now… so i bought a bunch of microsoft shares… hopefully windows 7 comes back and kills it.

It all started with the Macbook Air. Sure, my iMac may have been overpriced too for what it’s worth but the Mackbook Air is like $500 more then my iMac and like 2 times worse. It’s nice and thin and all, definitely isn’t a bad computer, but for $1800 or whatever it costs? That’s nuts.

my uncle bought one when it came out cause he likes technology.

i have yet to see another macbook air in person

Apple isn’t attempting to REPLACE PC’s in the home and business*– and besides, competition is good for both sides.

To anyone here REALLY saying they prefer PC to Mac, I have a question:

1. Have you ever used a Mac for a consistent period of time
  2. What do you use your computer for?

To anyone gaming, yeah, I’ll agree a PC is cheaper. Nowadays new Macs are quite capable, and remember, they run windows. PC is cheaper though, but unless you ONLY game, I don’t see the value.

Here’s a screenshot of everything I have open right now. I’m using an older 13" Macbook (entry level model, with 2 GB RAM). My computer is about 1.5 years old.

Right now, I have the following applications open:

• Photoshop (working on a large file)
  • MarsEdit (blogging software)
  • Mail
  • iChat
  • Adium (handles MSN messenger)
  • Safari (few windows open, doing multiple things)
  • Firefox (I usually use this for personal things, like online banking, etc., just to keep it separate from the rest of shit I do*– that, and its defined to a particular space)
  • VLC (was in the middle of a movie a few days ago, left it open so that I could resume where I left off)
  • TextEdit (various notes, etc. written down)
  • NetNewsWire (tool that shows me new posts for all of the blogs I’m subscribed to)
  • Coda (HTML editor)
  • AppViz (to monitor iTunes app store stats)

http://i41.tinypic.com/21b4x7c.png

Now keep in mind most of this stuff is work related - but I bring my laptop home and use it to do my own things (including this post), and would rather not close the 9 million things I was working on yesterday, so that I can easily pick up where I left off. That, and I’ll often work from home, or out and about. My laptop is in sleep mode, and all I do is open it and it’s ready to go, no freezing or issues you have with some Windows laptops (my old Acer took like 7 minutes to regain consciousness after being in sleep mode for half an hour). Just the simple feature “quick look” saves me tons of time every day.

So ya, if you just use your computer to post on SON and check your email, sure a PC is cheaper. If you earn a living from your computer, and/or require the use of many applications at the same time, then get a Mac. In the screenshot you can see a feature called Spaces (yes, emulated on PC’s too), that lets me organize things I’m working on and keep them in separate desktops. Expose is the feature that has neatly expanded all the windows within each space so that I can see what I have open, or navigate through things and bring forward what I want to work on. Macs have ALT-TAB too, so no worries.

I’m just really getting into detail here because I was PC user forever, and since being exposed to Macs through work, I could never go back. Just trying to help people out in the long run. No, I don’t work for Apple.

Here are some interesting things (maybe biased) for you to read if you’re interested.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/faq/

WINDOWS 7 owns all as an OS… or linux. mac OS is so limited and restricted.
and Mac hardware is plain garbage.

they lag behind in so many ways.
upgrade u say??..nope sorry… get a new mac. we dont do upgrades.

u want a battery in ur laptop? dvddrive? :open_mouth: that unheard of. those things are useles… lets make a laptop taht so thin u can whip your ass with it.

find me mac hardware that can out preform PC hardware.

not possible.

and dont get me started on price.

Hahahahahahaha!

This is why PC > Mac, because Mac owners have blogs :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude, every Mac laptop has a DVD drive except the Air. The Air was intended for BUSY business people who travel constantly, and just need access to important shit – not watching DVD’s or burning CD’s, etc.

My Macbook battery will let me watch a 2.5 hour movie, and still have over 50% battery left. I couldn’t get through ONE single movie start to finish with my Acer.

lol…I don’t have a blog. I update my company’s blog. Tease away, I get paid for it.

ROFL

Keep it up, let’s hear some more.

WTF kinda emo company has a blog? :stuck_out_tongue:

For all the n00bs that think PCs crash, well, that’s just what you are, a n00b.

It’s such an overused argument these days “PCs crash, Macs don’t” :ugh:

Mac=SR
PC=KA-T

in a gaming sense, you know that’s 100% right! :cool:

this thread is becoming redundant. Its just full of shortsighted people who make the same stupid arguments like a ka vs sr vs rb thread.

Wow, all this arguing and the thread is about a video that we should all enjoy being 240 owers.