PC owners drive 240 v.Mac hate*vid*

Never heard any mac owner regret buying a mac. Most that switch say they will never go back.

Ever

I have XP and had Windows 7 on my Mac through bootcamp and I run into a lot more problems with them then on Leopard. I also have XP on 2 laptops and a desktop and Vista on another laptop and desktop, and my Leopard is still the best out of all of them. Vista is just balls and then XP on the rest, when it’s fresh it’s good but then it just seems to get slower and slower and then things stop working and I have to eventually reinstall it cause it’s just easier that way.

I also have Kubuntu on my PS3 and I had it once on my Mac, and yea it was awesome cause it’s just like Mac as they both run off of Unix (far better) and it’s free but I think after setting it up and stuff, I think Linux is too much for the average computer user. It’s highly configurable but you have to know how.

+1

I don’t get why white2abbit is getting so serious over this whole thing either. Is Apple paying you to defend them? You took time out to reply to every post. If Macs are all that great, why do you need to defend them so much?

I had to use a Mac for 10 months to help with designing a yearbook and I can’t say I totally enjoyed the experience. There were lots of frustrations along the way that I wouldn’t have dealt with if I had a PC to use. Mind you, there are definitely some upsides of using the Mac. (esp. the DVD portion of the yearbook. i.e. Final Cut).

Anyone who seems to think that Macs don’t crash or get viruses are fairly clueless as well. Macs are far more insecure than PCs, just take a look at the yearly pwn2own contest. Macs always fall first and even all the top hackers have said that Macs are just far too easy to exploit.

The only reason why Macs don’t have as many viruses is because of their low market share. Why would someone target an OS that has a 15 - 20% market share when they can target Windows which holds an 80% market share?

:rofl: You’re shitting me right?

What next, you’re gonna tell me you have a diesel powered VW and that it doesn’t run right when you put gasoline in it?

I’m just passionate because I was a PC user for 10+ years, and could never conceive going back. Like one person commented, you never really hear of someone switching to Mac, and then switching back.

I’m not defending them either. I could give two shits what anyone here uses – I’m just trying to offer my advice. Don’t want it, fine.

It’s SON…relax cal, don’t get your knickers in a twist lol…

Yea, because people like to defend their intelligence after dropping a lot of coin on something. No one is going to publicly admit they spent 2x the money on something and it sucked.

Wrong again, my company bought it for me. And in case you didn’t read, Macs often end up being cheaper than PCs in the long run, especially for company’s.

Nobody said to go out and get a Mac Pro or a Macbook Air.

White Macbook (which is what I have) is $999

New aluminum Macbook starts at $1299

Both more than powerful enough for the average computer user (gamers aside, but grow up :stuck_out_tongue: lol just kidding).

And don’t bother posting some Acer for $399. That thing won’t last half as long, and neither will the battery.

You get what you pay for. End of story.

^ ya, those small cheap acers or asus mini laptops aren’t bad, I’d still use them as portable multimedia devices on the go in the car!

or just microsoft office\student laptop.

people just say that to make themselves feel better about their purchase, when deep down they realize… they just got duped into a shit machine!

the main thing about MAC is its like a NAZI regime… everything is their way or no way! upgrades? software? accesories? they all have to be mac!

as for PC… you have tons of options! you can build it your way! like they say Dream It, Build It, Love It… a Mac is a race car you buy from a dealership (hundai genesis)… and PC is a race car you build from the ground up(S13 w/ fully build SR)… you have more appreciation for the PC cause its your own… not just another zombie droid wearing a rainbow color scarf over a flanel cardigan!

theres a direct correlation between pc users and 240 drivers.

macs are for gays and communists, 240 drivers and pc users are neither.

^LOL

Imagine if bill gates started apple and steve jobs started microsoft… basically imagine if PC was MAc today and mac was PC today, you’d be saying the exact same thing… except…

the main thing about PC is its like a NAZI regime… everything is their way or no way! upgrades? software? accesories? they all have to be PC!

^^^^ that’s the stupidest post in this thread.

I just saw this commercial tonight and come on here to see a 2 page thread haha.

Someone asked for somebody who has used both. In school I used both Mac and PC. And I found both were more of a preference to the user. I like somethings from one and somethings from the other.

Both computers can crash, neither is more prone from my experience. Ive crashed them both. (G5 Mac Pro, if it’s actually called that can’t remember, running ProTools with a bunch of plugins I thought 8gb of RAM could handle it)

Since school I have barely used a Mac. I do all my audio editting for work on PC. I could use Mac if I wanted to but its not for me. I’ve got nothing bad to say about either because thats not needed.

One thing that is of biggest debate which you can see in the marketing aspects aswell. Is that I find with some but not all, that Apple users have this big head of pride about them. “Look at me i have and iPhone and I download all my music to with iTunes on my Macbook” (slight exageration) and it is selling to the people.

Which is why Microsoft fights back with “Look at me I can take pictures too and then upload them to my pc and email them to friends cause I’m a PC” Trying to get people to have that same attitude. Might as well just have a black screen with “PC still cool” written in the middle and a different voice saying it everytime its played. I think that would work better.

And that’s what I don’t like, give it 5 years and there will be a bunch of people who took all this technology fad stuff too far and they’ll be crying and poor with bad eyes and ears and carpoltunnel(sp?) complaining that advertisments and magazines made them do it. Like when people complain about how girls in magazines make them feel about them selves.

But anyways champaign 240sx < any other OEM coloured 240sx

^^^^ nominated for 2nd stupidest post in this thread

thats almost as bad as getting picked last in gym class.

Hardly.

hahahaha blogs be gay.

PC FTW

:picard:

I re-posted an old thread.