Pistool permit..

Soooo everyone do a change of address … move in with ultradriver… get texas permit and buy down there. Carry back up here and be fine with it?

So how many people on here from Erie County have an unrestricted permit? I currently have the bullshit target / hunting permit, and upgrading to unrestricted is proving to be a bitch.

Target hunting here. Good friend just converted to unrestricted and it was no problem. Just gave them a couple decent reasons and turned in the paperwork. He carries an LCP in a pocket holster almost all the time now, just because he can.

From what I’ve heard as long as you wait a couple years and don’t do anything stupid it’s not a big deal to get the unrestricted permit. I’ll probably try once I’ve had mine about 18 months.

In Yuma County,AZ all you need is a state ID card (which is easily obtainable, even illegals can get one!) and you can buy a pistol that day…and now, all Arizona residents can carry concealed too!

Once I moved out of NYS I realized how pathetic their gun laws are.

I applied in mid December 09 and just got the letter last week that I was approved. So roughly 9.5 months to get the letter, now after I buy a gun another 6-8 weeks to get the permit. Erie county is sloooooooow.

Technically you either need to mail the gun to NY or take it on a plane with you. :confused: I need to get another gun for my wife to cc. Any ideas? Must me small, .38 or above, and have an external safety. Like to keep it under $600.

The new Ruger .38 revolver is nice, small, light. It would be a perfect carry for her. Otherwise I would look into something Keltec with there 9mm if you are trying to keep it under $600. if you want over, Khar would be the way to go.

where to buy guys? I assume Im going to get raped by going thru Buffalo Gun Center. I will be looking for a 9mm to start, mostly for blowing off stream at the range. Im looking at a Glock, Springfield or FNG.

if Im applying for a security job, will that speed things up? i better start getting my refs in order.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

you wold still need to register that gun here which means you would have to go thru the process anyway. I was thinking of getting residency in GA with my sister

What the hell kind of ghetto do you live in that your wife needs to carry?

Super rough area.

Why wouldn’t she carry?

Johnson’s Country Store in Lockport was $50 cheaper on my G19 than Gun Center so I went there. Just picked up a nice holster from Gun Center and the guy was real helpful going over the different features/options, taking a G19 out of the display to demo them etc. Both places have top notch people any time I’ve been there though.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

What kind of firebug are you that you carry fire insurance on your house? You really think it’s going to burn down tomorrow or something?

I’d stay away from the BGC… Google has some nasty reviews of their employees.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=buffalo+gun+center&fb=1&gl=us&hq=gun+center&hnear=Buffalo,+NY&cid=15112981747932745557&dtab=2&ei=4fyYTO3uM8WqlAfF-PxM&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCAQqgUwAQ

There is a gun show in roch this weekend at the fexpo…
Gun Show
September 25-26, 2010
Dome Arena-South Entrance
Saturday: 9am-4pm
Sunday; 9am-3pm
Admission: $8.00
Children under 10 NOT admitted.

I don’t know how much weight I’d put in those google comments. I’ve been there several times and never had a problem. And it seems no matter what time of day you go the place is always busy. If their service was as bad as those google reviews suggest I doubt they’d continue doing that kind of business.

I thought I would get ridiculed for saying the same thing… Walked in and asked a few questions about what brands they carried and were dealers for and was told I was a fool and to just buy what he told me to and to quit asking stupid questions. But there’s so many sack riders on here who worship the place b/c they took their permit class there hoary for you!

Unless you’re a LEO, you get shit on is my understanding from quite a few others.

Don’t forget about Gander Mountain, I never bought from them, but they were always helpful to answer questions and help me out when looking.

I went through the process if NY, took a year and paid them all the $ for fees erc. After 3 months of having it, moved to Atlanta. After 90 days I bought a Ruger MkIII and then followed it up 4 months later with the Beretta PX4. Also applied for my CCP and it took 10 days to get. Oh GA gun laws are better than NY!

check out

www.gunbroker.com
www.auctionarms.com

Another member hooked me up with a really good guy (private dealer) local in Buffalo that doesn’t charge much to receive pistols as well. He basically does it just to help gun guys out. I’ve sent him two guns I purchased for my dad’s birthday and he is a stand up guy. If you seriously want his number PM me.

I’m really leaning towards the Walther PK380 or the Taurus Slimline 709.

In MD… I took a 30 mins online course (free) then bought a SA XD45, waited 6 days and picked it up. BOOM!

why does Erie county get screwed. WTF. every where else you can be done in a few hours ro 3-4 months max. Not Erie.

I cc a Ruger .38sp LCR, 5 shot revolver with an internal hammer,which is awesome for concealed…under $500… except there is no safety…

that’s like saying, why wear your seatbelt? Do you go out every day planning on getting into an accident?

How important is taking the class within x time of applying?
I took the class 5 years back, but never bothered as I was moving around the area a bit and did
not live in the same place for more than a year or so.

That and how do you go about getting references when you actually know zero hand gun owners?