PlastiDip whole car.

lol^

Anybody every go through delta with anything plastidipped? How does it handle the shit filled carpet strips?

I know nitroinsane has his wheels done and takes it through the automagic car washes with no issues.

I did the plastics on the crf. It is starting to peel at the corner on the rear number plates, but thats due to me standing and riding wheelies in school zones and such.
I just put a can of spray clear over it and I can clay bar bugs off the front. looks good as new.

I did this to a set of winter wheels for my Mini, worked awesome and held up perfectly. No need to tape off the tires, just peeled right off. Took about 6 cans to do the 4 wheels and center caps. Only thing is I want to use them as my summer wheels now. But I don’t want to have to repaint them, cause I am pretty sure they wont hold up to having wheels mounted.

Took it through delta sonic no issues.

I dipped my trucks wheels bumpers and grille 2 months ago. It’s still good on the wheels and grille. The front bumper has a couple spots i messed up but thats from me standing and climbing around on the bumper doing the turbo kit.

I went through delta prolly 5 times and it’s all fine.

5 coats is key

Did my grille about a year ago and it is still flawless. Been through the car wash over a dozen times with no problems and havent had any chips from rocks while driving.

I guess you can plasti dip anything…

^ FUCK that looks good lol.

damn… pretty cool

That doesnt look like dip. It looks like a vinyl wrap job. more info on the car?
dip is more matte and doesnt have the sheen to it…UNLESS they used the dip gloss

Could this stuff be used in an airless paint sprayer and sufficiently get cleaned out?

I’m going to spray the shop bitch. I’ll post progress and results

When are you doing this?

Please post the results asap lol!

For the guys doing just badges, do you remove them from your car to spray? Or just spray it over while on the car and peel away?

When i did my badges i taped a “square” around the badge and placed papers down beyond that to protect the car from over spray.
sprayed 4 coats on
then peeled it all off.
it comes off the paint fine if it has a few coats. but over spray doesn’t peel off and will need to be rubbed off (with fingers)

so technically you dont have to tape, i just didnt wanna rub the over spray

Just ordered the kit, so likely not until the end of next week. I’ll throw something up on my vendor section.

Taping off a section makes sense like you did, thanks. I’m just wondering if it will be hard to peel away areas that are smaller behind the letter. For example, if you sprayed letters like A, B, P, etc. I’m thinking it would be difficult to peel away in those tiny spaces. I’ll probably do a trial run on my Prizm to see how it goes.

When I sprayed over the S2000 badge the spaces between the “s” came off when removing the untaped portion. In the spaces of the “000” i just picked it away. You could always use plastic tweezers being careful not to ruin the paint.

Just go slow

did the chrome kidney rings on the x5 with no issues at all. Stuff peeled away perfect. Gonna do the 3.0i and the rear roundel holder next. aberfitch just did the grill on his a4 and it came out great as well. This is stuff is pretty hard to screw up.