PlastiDip whole car.

Dre, i’ve seen this pic for a while now. Is that green Plasti-Dip?

r32 looks good

got finished pics?

Nah not yet. Needed to order more dip cuz red is hard to cover. Should be done this weekend.

Hmmm thinkin of doing my duke flat black with my red frame

is this plastidip?

Bumpsies…

Anyone ever end up doing their whole car? Every day I get closer to pulling the trigger on a kit to do at least one of my cars but really want to see a finished product first.

Me too!

I did mine in August beause this car was 400 shades of red (Peeling clear coat - Chronic Red VW problem). Its held up well, but will need to be cleaned thoroughly with some Goo Gone once I decide to get it cleaned up for summer. the white “yellowed” a bit over winter, but it cleans up with goo gone pretty easily.

Before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/haenszel/photo1.jpg

When first done:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/haenszel/196D90FB-849D-42A1-9C65-1828E788FF6C-2401-000002DD3EEE2C14.jpg

Now - Hasn’t been washed since dipping - about 10k miles:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/haenszel/03759E61-9F47-40E4-9C95-C855C5A0AECA-7270-000003DC32C9D2BD_zps6c87c019.jpg

Which car :gotme:?!

Wouldn’t Goo Gone completely remove it? I guess depending on the number of coats laid down and the amount of Goo Gone you use, the results would vary. I just know from what I’ve read people have used it to assist in removal of the dip.

Damn that looks nice but the yellowing is a little… eehhhh. You think its really going to come off?

Overall would you recommend lol? Every time I see it in pictures it looks so nice to me, but im just wondeing if its tacky (no pun intended) in person.

I would try it first on the 00 and if I liked it, move on to the STi. Still dont want to burn the money on the sprayer and everything if im only going to use it once.

No, goo gone doesn’t eat away at it. Starter fluid will liquify if slightly, allowing for patching, and fixing any peels etc.

It does have a sticky finish from what I’ve read, which makes it easy to collect a bug graveyard up front on highway drives.

Sure, its a cheap fix. This car is more of a fun realiable daily beater, so I don’t really care. If your car had nice paint, I probably wouldn’t. That’s just dumb.

What color would the STi be going to? It looks so hawt as is.

Ehhhh the paint has definitely seen better days although everyone tells me its not that bad. Still there are times where I dont even feel like driving it because of how bummed I get about it. Im like an anorexic girl leaving looking at the hoho in the pantry every day but not touching it.

Was undecided between a white/black or going crazy with one of those highlighter colors they have lol. Depends on if I want to drive it to work/clients lol.

You’re ridiculous. My vote goes to a matte olive like the old Halo shells that were so rare. But if you’re driving some gay 400awhp car to work/clients I think they know what to expect based on the general layout/appearance/sound of the car.

Getting closer to doing this to my car. It’s got some serious battle scars.

Going to be dipping my summer rims in a nice White Pearl (white+pearlizer), I will post pics asap. :tup:

Hopefully this damn rain can hold off long enough for me to do it!

I ordered the wheel kit from dipyourcar.com, along with their predip cleaning spray.