PŌL: How Frequently do you wear a seatbelt?

me too…and if i know I have to drive I wont drink at all

only reason i’m here is because I was wearing one :tup:

never.

Business in the front. Party in the back.

I almost can’t drive without it on. I ALWAYS wear it in the front. But very rarely will I wear one in the back.

:biglaugh:

Considering that I like breathing, always.

Always, front or back, doesnt matter, there is no difference. I dont understand why people think its ok to not wear one in the backseat.

because it’s not required by law? :gotme:

Always in both places in a car.

Just curious, but why do you guys feel safe in the backseat? The same shit can happen in the rear seat. You can still make it to the windshield, and better yet, you risk the life of the person in the seat infront of you should the crash be severe enough to put you into the back of their seat at a high enough force.

Nor will that seat in front of you help you when the car is t-boned and you are violenetly thrown in a sideways direction.

never in my new car, always wore it in the hatch though

I wasn’t talking about the law.

Except maybe laws of physics…

An object in motion stays in motion, doesn’t matter if someone is in the front seat or the back seat, if you arent wearing a seatbelt and get in an accident while sitting in the backseat, you arent any safer, and the force of your body flying forward in a crash will probably kill your buddy who was sitting in the front seat and wearing his seatbelt.

edit: yeah, what bigairskiier said…

and seatbelts saved my life in a rollover…

i know im a retard for not wearing my seatbelt. its a really bad habit that i got into. when i think about it, i put it on. problem is that i dont conciously think about that stuff when i get in. most of you prolly put ur seatbelt on because thats just what u do. i dont, and i will likely pay the price.

i have been better about using my blinkers tho

I wear mine most of the time in the front. If its a short trip on 30mph roads, sometimes I dont.

In the back, I will wear it if its a long trip with highway speeds, or if the person is driving like a retard. Shorter trips, never.

I used to wear my seatbelt 100% of the time, no matter what. Having the 5-point harnesses in my civic got really irritating for short trips, and thats what got me out of the habit a little bit.

That says nothing of my financial position. I just don’t find the need to drink to “have fun and relax”.

but you SAID, u have better things to spend your money on than alcohol. insinuating, that you would spend money on it if you had more, but its priority just isn’t that high.

so you dont need alcohol to have fun and relax. okay maybe so, but dont criticize my preference then of liking to down a couple beers every now and then. OMG U DRIVE AFTER DRINKING 2 BEERS OMG OMG HOW CAN U DO THAT? THATS THE WORST DECISION EVER LET ME BE THE FIRST TO CALL U A RETARD etc etc wtf bbq.

you are not > i b/c you abstain from alcohol. nor are you > i b/c you always wear your seatbelt. in fact, i think you and your opinion in general sucks. thats my opinion.

if you ever see the british commecial “back seat bullet” then you would wear it becaues if you get in a crash and someone behind you is not wearing one then it is the force of an elephant on the seat in front! in another words, you would crush the person in front!

^^ so don’t sit in front of me… and if you do, drive very cautiously. lol

If I were a millionaire I would not spend money on alcohol. So again your assumptions of me are inaccurate.

And I don’t care if you drink. That’s your decision. I can’t fault anyone for that. But if you mean to tell me that you have never driven after drinking a little too much, then I would have to say you are lying. Maybe I am wrong…but it follows a trend of stupidity you seem to perpetuate.

Anyway…

I am simply pointing out that you made a ridiculously redneck white trash sounding statement and that you are the only one who thinks you are “cool” because of it.

Yeah I don’t get that. Instead of flying through a windshield you smash into the person in the front seat wearing their seatbelt. I think both people would get messed up as a result.

im not “cool” b/c of any statement i made, or b/c of whatever u implied from it.

however, i am cool b/c im not some “holier than thou” asshat like u.