Post your setup and what you think about the parts

What was that John? I can’t hear you!

Isn’t the exmag supposto be a very quiet exhaust? unless ur running NA…

yah a few guys on zilvia are running that and i ve heard some sound clips. not as quiet as they advertise it to be for sure. how does yours sound jammin?

His sounds loud, really loud… civic comes to mind but…

car is N/A correct?

His sounds loud, really loud… civic comes to mind but…[/quote]

n/a s13 or s14?

here’s a clip on n/a s14

I guess I’ll talk about my modifications. My car is a 1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe base model 5 speed.

Suspension

-Cusco Pillowball Tension Rods: These are pretty good. I got them used and pretty cheap on ebay. They drastically improved turn in response. Also, the car is more stable and smooth on the highway and hard braking. I haven’t really fiddled with the adjustability so I can’t really talk about that.

-Tein Flex coilovers: These are awsome! Not too hard and not too soft and a wide range of adjustability. I can stiffen it up to make it handle like a go-kart or soften it up to make the ride quality almost as good as stock. They have seperate height and preload adjustment so the car can be lowered without sacrificing the suspension stroke. The dampers are 16 way adjustable and come with pillowball mounts at the front so I can adjust the front camber. One of my best mods I would say.

Engine

-CA18DET with SR20 T25: Its not installed yet so I’ll comment if it ever gets installed lol.

-Bee*R Type III exhaust: This is a very cool 3 inch stainless dual exhaust. Its also angled for that drifter look haha. I have it on my KA right now. It is loud but sounds awsome. I got pulled over and had to throw in the silencers. Now it sounds gay and Hondaish lol. I’ll take the silencers out once the car is boosted. The fitment is okay but TM and Axelrod (they installed my exhaust while Niterider fetched tools lol, thanks again) couldn’t get one of the hangers on the rear. It seems like the bumper needs to be trimmed a bit. Also, the exhaust touches my gas tank and I dunno if thats bad. In performance, it seems like I lost a bit of power in the bottom end but gained in the top end. Remember, this is basically a stock KA.

-Greddy/ Trust Airinex cone filter: I just replaced the airbox with this for fun. It sounds and looks kinda cool but not really a noticable boost in power.

-Catco 3 inch cat: I bought this cause my old cat was toast. Doesn’t really feel like it boosted power or anything.

Brakes and Wheels

-17 inch Sentra SER Spec V rims: High offset and skinny but the design looks good.

-Brembo drilled rotors (stock calipers): Thet look good but I can’t compare these to stock because these came with the car when I bought it.

Exterior

-Bings Veilside Style front lip: Looks awsome and the fitment was really good. It is also very flexible and stong. You should get this if you have a 91+ front end on your S13.

-JDM Silvia Style sideskirts: These are fibreglass replicas of the JDM Silvia sides. The look good and hang as low as my front lip. The fitment was good on one side but it needs to be heatguned or something on the other. The front is sticking up a bit. These look much better than the USDM sides IMO.

-Bings Silvia Style rear valence: Finishes off my kit nicely. Fitment is okay. Most people don’t notice the valances but I like them. Adds a bit of JDM style to my car lol.

-Seibon OEM Carbon Fibre hood: Much lighter than stock and looks cool. Fitment is pretty good but the studs need to be made shorter since it won’t fit with the length Seibon gives them to you with. It shakes a lot on the highway because I don’t wanna install the stupid hood pins.

Interior

-Sparco Sprint Junior bucket seat: This seats holds me way better than the gay stock S13 seat. I don’t get thrown around the car when driving hard and the seat is surprisingly comfortable. It is difficult to get in and out of the seat though and it does not recline. Also, it is tearing on the left side because of me getting in and out of it. I don’t really like the blue I got it in either.

-Momo Race shift knob: Very stylish aluminum and perforated leather knob. Felt awkward at first but much better after I cut my truck like tall shifter.

-Momo Race steering wheel: Looks awsome! It has a perforated leather section at 10 and 2 and the rest of the rim is leather. The center is aluminum. Feels much better than my stock wheel and is a little smaller so its easier to manuver the car. It also matches my shift knob :slight_smile: .

I think thats everything. I’ll update when I get new shit.

90 sohc, megan strut bars, cone and can, tokico blues, sportlines, walbro 255, magnaflo cat… i like it

1995 240SX LE 5spd

Suspension

-Tein Type Flex Coilovers 6kg front 5 kg rear - Been enjoying them alot getting them rebuilt during the winter
-Tein Tie Rods and Ends - Really dose allow the car to turn tighter
-Cusco Pillowball TC Rods - One of the best mods, made the car feel way more solid
-Bings RUCAS - Allowed proper camber adjust, a bit more noise then I would enjoy.

Engine

-1997 KA24DE - No chain noise due to low KM

• Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pully - Alot quicker engine respons, I notice when I drive cars with regular pull the rev respons feels to sluggish for my taste.
  • Vibrant Performance Prototype 3" Stainless Cat back with 200cell count 3" racing cat. I was there during the design stage of this exhaust and got to choose the angle of the muffler and and style it would be. Bing hooked me up with this so I have to give him props. I might be a bit bias but this thing sounds exactly how I would want it its not overly load and sounds great when it warms up.
  • K&N box filter - better then stock was on sale so why not.

Brakes & Wheels

• 16" LE Alloy Wheels
  • Dunlop FM901’s 205/55/R16 - One of the best bang for your buck tires on the market have enjoyed them alot.
  • Z32 Front Brakes with OEM rotors - Makes a big diffrence
  • Theo’s SS brake lines - Very easy to install and work fine
  • Endless Brake pads - Takes a few steps to heat up but after that they grab like crazy
  • S15 rear calipers - not installed yet but brand new so will work nice

Exterior

• NaVaN front bumper with all lights - Makes the Zenki front end look way better
  • Japanese OEM S14a Sideskirts - Looks great way better the kouki sides
  • Japanese OEM S14a Rear Valances - Again looks cool
  • S14 K’s Type S Spoiler with led bar - Looks same as LE spoiler but with a led bar 3rd brake light
  • Shaved 3rd trunk brake light
  • S14 K’s Type S Aero grill
  • S14 Kouki Japanese Tailights - actualy from japan not USDM ones, no sidemarkers for life!
  • PIAA Extream Plasma headlights - Really dose make a diffrence, $$ but good lighting.

Interior

• Nardi Classic Steering wheel with Nardi steering hub
  • NISMO shift knob
  • S14 Digital Climate Control - Functional

Hey everyone.

Ok here goes,

PLATFORM - 1991 White 240sx hatch

ENGINE - 2.4L ka-t with SR T25 turbo, SSAutochrome manifold (slotted), stock SR elbow, Megan Racing 3 inch flex/downpipe, hallow cat, (soon to have Bing’s 3" SS exhaust), SR 370cc injectors, 300zx fuel filter, Megan Racing fuel pressure regulator, SR side mount intercooler, GReddy Type S bov, Megan Racing oil pressure sending unit, custom oil and coolant lines. Running @ 7psi currently.

FUEL MANAGEMENT - SAFC 1

INTERIOR - MOMO Race steering wheel/hub, quick release, Megan Racing boost/vacumm, air/fuel and oil pressure gauges.

SUSPENSION - CP Racing front and rear 4 point strut bars, urethane TC rod bushings.

BRAKES - R32 Skyline 4 piston front caliper’s, 300zx rotor’s redrilled to 4 x 114.3.

RIMS - SSR Type V’s, 16x7.5, +37

BODY Bomex front lip, OE sideskirts and rear lip.

Over all I’m REALLY happy with the set up and it’s all working fine. I have plans to upgrade some of the turbo system, interior/exterior and suspension. Hopefully that will happen over the winter and in to the early spring.

Platform:

1990 240sx hatchback
213k purchased in april 03.
250k now

Suspension/Chassis:

As of now
-LSD
-MR Front/Rear Strut bars
-AGX shocks, Tein S-Tech springs
-Frame rails boxed in with 1/8" Steel.
-Subframe re-inforced with 1/8" pressed steel
I’ve done the MIG welding myself.
For 2006 summer
-Tein/Cusco Coilovers
-Whiteline sways
-Polyurathane bushing all around
-Subframe spacers
-Welded Diff

Drivetrain/Turbo parts:

As of now
-KA24E 60k
-ACT HDSS Clutch (333 ft/lb)
Street Performance Clutch
Throw out bearing/Pilot bearing
Xtreme pressure plate
-P&P spare head
-Custom SS manifold in the works
-MR FMIC
-MR Short shifter
-MR BOV
-370cc Injectors
For 2006 summer
-V-Mount done by me
-T3/T4 or GT2871R .86 A/R
-Colt Turbo Regrind Cam
-stock rods, Arias 8.7:1 Pistons
-Koyo Rad
-JGS Engine/Trans mounts
-ebay Oil filter relocation/cooler kit

Interior/Electronics: 8)

As of now
-SAFC
-Stewart warner
Air Fuel, Boost/Vac, Water Temp
-Tenzo R bucket
For 2006 summer
-AVCR
-PLX M-300, or Zeitronix ZT-2
-Stewart warner
Oil pressure, EGT

Exterior

As of now
-Kouki taillights (still in shipping)
-Rota 16 x 8 +32 rims
-Falken GRB 451 215/50/R16
-OEM Sideskirts
-Zenki Lip
For 2006 summer
-OEM Rear Nismo valence… if i can ever find it :evil:
-Silvia front end, if budget allows it.

I guarantee i’ve missed quite a few things, the car may be up for sale in the next little while if i decide to go another route with S-Chassis’s. Gotta work alot of hours plus school this winter to continue this project…

Pics to be up soon…

P.S. …and this is for that brown dude named Gautam
http://www.poopface.net/images/sign.jpg

Next years gonnnnnna be fun fun funnn.

Hmm looks like that SR could handel quite the bit more stress :smiley:

jk

yea i’ve never looked into it but…

what is the rod to stroke ratio KA vs SR…

edit… this should make things interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

KA24 has an advantage on rod:stroke (KA=1.72, SR=1.58; approx 8.6% difference) while the SR20’s has the advantage on bore:stroke (KA=0.93, SR=1.00;approx 7.6% difference).

hah both are good motors when they’re built right.
hell, all motors are, its just something to bust the cocky bastards balls with.

KA-T = SR.

platform: JDM 89 Silvia Ks
motor: CA18DET

mods i can rate:
Kumho Ecsta MX tires - intermediate tire supposed to compete with Azenis; poor hydro resistance, but good acceleration and cornering performance, not very progressive on cornering though, when they slide on you, it’s sudden.

HKS GT2530R turbo - this .64 AR turbo is the little bro of the GT2540. great midrange and top end. pulls better than the stock turbo and all the way to redline even at 9psi. stock power dies off at 6500rpm.

DSM injectors - you can hear them work. :smiley: car runs pretty rich

SSAC one piece DP & testpipe - 3" yashio factory ripoff DP and UP; huge change in exhaust note. very deep, just booms now. fitment might be an issue without buying the race manifold as well.

KGMM springs and GAB shocks. these things feel like they’re 10 years old. on stiffest setting, handling is stiff, but not undriveable. other settings bounce. it’s only a matter of time before i sell the springs, chuck the dampeners and buy coilovers.

walbro 255lph fuel pump - when i installed it, i discovered i already had a GT-R race fuel pump in the car. too bad i sat around for 6 months before installing it; i would have returned it. it was actually quieter and smaller than the GT-R pump.

Apexi S-AFC 2 - good fuel control. very simple, but i haven’t figured out how to fix the deceleration air for the popping between shifts. easy fix; shift faster. :smiley: i actually find this unit very basic and will upgrade to something that can control timing as well.

1995 240sx se

UNDERHOOD:

injen short ram intake - not bad got it for pretty cheap very loud for just an intake

pilot strutbar - decent could be better cheap price for it brand new

nismo oil cap - pretty expensive . got it off ebay . pain in the ass when u wanna unloosen it!

INTERIOR:

sparco sprint racing seat - not bad again paid barly anything for it and holds u in awsome so not bad for what a paid for

EXHAUST:

apexi n1 turbo cat back … sounds great i like it made the car move a little in the top end not much looks nice stays sparking

SUSPEN and WHEELS:

falken hanabis very good very light need a spacer tho doesnt come very flush in the back and keeps hitting the strut

kyb gr2 front struts and oem struts at the rear with eibachs - honestly no big deal i think something else would of done better way to hard for the road and everytime u go over a bump it sounds like your car is going to fall apart

PARTS TO INSTALL:

MR headers for the KA24

MR a/f and volt gauges

MR short shifter

1998 KA motor with centerforce dual friction clutch lower km’s

ss clutch lines

vis techno R side skirts and rear bumper

greddy front lip

and new paint job hopefully!!

Splitfire DIS Ignition System

Since my last round of major upgrades I had been experiencing some break-up when under load. The car would just hit a wall at 5,000rpm, make no power and miss like crazy.

A bunch of guys on a number of US-based boards swear by these things so - why not.

Install was pretty easy…the most time spent removing the stock coil harness. The system is very plug-and-play and almost impossible to f-up.

All wiring and connections looked topnotch…and instructions were actually in English. I’ve become so accustomed to figuring Japanese stuff out I didn’t even use them…but in looking at them after and they are pretty accurate and straight foward.

Initial impression when driving…

A slight increase in response that I may just chaulk that up to placebo affect. The car appears to idle slightly smoother… but again, no way to verify that.

What I can whole heartly say though is that this system cured my break-up issue.

I’ve just been for many 16psi runs in all gears (but 5th) and the car pulls well all the way to redline. I notice no major increase in power but simply for the fact that these things cured my problem…I would recomend them to anyone.

Any questions…just ask.

ps - Contact Bings.ca for best price.

:wink: ps contact me overdrive auto for best price…

:shock:

GT

lol - too little too late - next time…

right now im running an sr20det stock internals. mods aka bolt ons inculd apexi super intake fmic equal length turbo manifld hks evc2 running 15 pounds 3 inch to 3.23 inch exhaust (maker unknown) jasma spec tho. umm what else 14 fan. for management im running a mine’s tuned ecu vx rom. car currently makes 239 to the wheels for suspension im running meagan racing coil over track use 32way adjustable 12 in the front and 10 in the rear.
87 300zx diff
body:
carbon fiber fenders silvia convo s13
type x wing
car pulls and runs great
next mod will be gt28
emanage
420cc injectors
strut bars

so that my lil drift car