Project Tasha

soo i bought a 1993 s13 coupe that needed some serious tlc. the motor ran but ran like a bag of poop. the clutch didnt work. the pedal was at the floor… no breaks what so ever. cars front wheel bearings were seized. then i noticed there was serious rust issues on the drivers side strut tower. so basically i am going to show you the progress of the build i have done to date starting about a week ago. it started with pulling the tired 1993 dohc motor and trans. then with the help of a 1995 s14 motor (was automatic) that i completely resealed. and put a 1990 manual transmission on it. used a pretty much new clutch and flywheel… the motor is going in by the end of the week. car originally was abs but i re ran new lines and used a non abs master. then out came the rust. and you can see my progress as i go i believe im on day 5 or 6 of this rebuild.

Very nice, I saw this car, she’s makin strides. Was that the old motor from this car you dropped off @ my house?

Some actually bought that car? Took long enough. I went and looked at it about 3 months ago. (This was in the south end I believe)

Myself and 3 other friends passed on this… lol

this car has working heads up display. digital dash. suede glove box and door skins leather seats. working p.s. ac lines had freon in them. a diamond in the ruff. she needs to be polished. and might i add she is looking very nice.

Paint was pearl, if I’m not mistaken…

If it was resprayed maybe.

daaaaaamnnnnnn that strut tower!

ok ladies you might all like this. look away! at todays work

i cant add any more pics for some reason. i went to the manage attachments and i could only delete like 5 of the 45 i have. any mods know why? pm me if u have advice.
back to the car. today was a good day. i got the metal work done yesterday. the 17s i went and picked up today. i got some wicked winter 17’s. today was wire wheel and primer day. i went and undercoated the underneath of the wheel well after it was primed. tomorrow the motor is probably going to go in. and the break line going to the rear of the car needs to be attached. im tired as fuck. hope u enjoy.
Nick

Those welds are something else.

Good on you for doing it yourself though. DIY FTW.

My advice would have been to buy someones stripped japanese frontclip and repaired it using the clean steel.

Use photobucket.com
I haven’t had any issues with it.

To put it lightly… lol

I agree… But, to come across one is harder than you would think…

i dont think he cares about welds he is only using it as a winter beater
pm me im done at 4 tommorrow ill stop by

very nice…cant wait to get my welding done on mine:P

hey guys. i know the welding is shit. its cosmetically shitty looking but it penetrated well. lol. it was the different thickness of the metals that really made it shitty. i have welded way better but this a new welder and i was using non gas wire with gas and i havnt learned the settings on this bitch yet. bottom line yes she is a winter car. and its more then half the people on this site have done to their 240’s.
this car didnt even move. i dont think people understand the condition this bitch was in. lol any ways thanks for comments. wait till tommorows pics. i will be dropping in the motor tommorow also so john get ur mofo ass over here after work lol. oh and btw my girlfriend backed into a ford crown vic tonight. fucked the rear bumper on my black s13 hatch. and really fucked the vics front drivers corner. so i have to take sunday now and fix this mess too. fml lol

EDIT… every pic i have taken on this project is available at the link i posted in the second thread

Don’t think I’m trying to start crap with this comment… I’m not.

A,
Your welds look cold in most places. Which means lack of heat. Therefore, lack of penetration.

B,
Using flux core wire with a shielding gas isn’t a bad thing. It’s actually far superior to normal MIG and flux core without gas.
And you always drag flux core. And push with MIG.
However, unless you are very unfamiliar with the dual shielding set up you just stick to either MIG or flux core. It will be much easier.
Actually… You should stick with MIG as it is better to body work. There’s no flux to get stuck under the paint and hold moisture.

C,
Anything with flux core will tend to burn hotter. So it takes more fine tuning to get the machine set up right.

the machine i bought is the excact same one you and eric were going to buy. i just fitted it with gas… i am also using princess auto wire… thanks for the tip to drag not push. i was messing with the settings like crazy to find something that would work. so yea there are some cold welds but this is my first time using this welder and doing this kinda project.
car is looking good right now i just came in cause its hailing out. i was just about to put the motor in.

ok here are some more pics.

i got the motor in today. its all bolted up. tomorrow hopefully is fire up day.

God, I love those SE-R Spec-V rims.

Paint those bitches gunmetal!!! Remember my car? :slight_smile: