Quarter Mile times

thats slow for a SR, but with more seat time i see it coming down

thats a nice time, but the car falls off on top end… thats what i hated with my SR, but hey good run stillz :slight_smile:

1.75 60’ on DOT tires is a DIRTY slick launch.

Nice driving ace.

I’ve never bested a 1.8ish (probably closer to 1.9) on 245 DOT’s.

1.75 60’ on street tires???

No, no way.

Most recent… Sep 2008

R/T … .757
60’ … 2.100
330 … 5.831
1/8 … 8.908
MPH … 81.49
1/4 … 13.938
MPH … 93.16

Not me driving…But Dustin (Hurricane’s) 2nd run in my car. I even messed up the clutch.

Previously…car did a 13.9 as well but at around 103mph I think, with me driving. Clutch slipping a little bit.

I just don’t know how to drive that’s why.

Stock SR T25, 13 psi.

At CSCS on Sunday I cut a 1.9 60’ on 235/40/17 Federal 595’s. I was actually suprised ebcause my car is far from a drag setup.

I’m not sure I seen your car go down dude. Maybe I did. Who knows.

Set-up for drag is really not that complicated.

Main things are rear suspension, tires pressures and alignment.

Of course, stay in the groove as well.

I only cut a 1.9 60’ last time cause my tranny is ready to blow up and out of the housing. Launch at 3500, bogged into boost on 235/60R15 drag radials tire pressure set and rebound adjusted.

I need to play around with mine, still gotta get used to the car as well.

Ran that on falken 452’s 275/35/18, the track was ridiculously sticky, ive never had my car hook and go like it did at grandbend. There were 4 street class cars there and the rest all dragsters laying mats of rubber down. I thought something was going to explode dropping the clutch at 4500-5000rpm and thats the only way i could fly off the line! i tried at 3500 and i bogged down right off the line and lost to a mustang GT :frowning:

Hey guys, I took my s14 to cayuga last night for the first drag event i’ve ever ran. Couldn’t find my RA-1’s so i ran street tires 205/55/16 falken 451’s.

best 1/4 of the day: 13.4
best trap speed for the day 109.92 mph
best 60" time 2.1

mods: GT2871r .64 @ 14 psi, Tomei 2way LSD,

To people who are familiar with drag racing, what kind of times should i be getting with this setup?

the reason half the people buy sr20 is because they are fan boys
then the other 25% buy them to mod and actually do something with
then the other 25% just buy them to replace there shitty rattling ka

thats pretty good for first time … u can prolly get it into high 12’s

15.22 @ 98.04mph, apparently on my Iphone Pocket Dyno App.

KAE w/ HKS Intake + 3" Exhaust.

lol dude … Ill bet you a $100 u wont get anywhere close to that MPH.

Take your car to a REAL dragstrip then post your time

LOL, your iPhone is just making you feel better about owing a KAE!! With your set up you will never see that time, well you can see the car beating you get that time!

lol, that’s why I said “apparently” but if you research, that app has some good credibility compared to the premo $200+ digital systems out there. Some of the apps for the iphone are really gold haha But I know the mph speed was off, although the 15s time is on target. Wouldn’t mind hitting the drag strip before any major change.

try the app “Dynolicious”. IMO it is a better app than pocket dyno.

I ran Dynolicious on one of my runs in cayuga. the 1/4 mile trap speed was off by only 3 mph.

My best time with my s14 is 12.94 @ 107.63 mph.

what tires do you use? seems like i should be able to get into the 12’s as well. my trap was close to 110 mph but most of the time i am pulling high 13’s!!

^ Nice wide tires should help preferably 245 & up, summer ones for the best dry grip. Bridestone Potenza or Falken Azensis\Falken 452’s, Pirelli P-Zero’s…what you guys think?

slicks