racing in Montreal, Canada 3-25-09

it has been proven time and time again on LS1tech that long tubes alone create the back pressure NA LSx cars need. Anything after the long tubes, only creates more back pressure…

also, The LM1 is one the freest flowing exhaust…

kind of funny. I found this thread on LS1tech and he has my same mods down to the cam…and they are saying the least amount of back pressure would be best…but hey, they wouldnt know would they??

ooo, found another…

its funny your talking about back pressure and needing it…last time I checked Adam is running open headers and doesnt have a issue…

O shit. I found this stickied on ls1tech about back pressure…

"Header Basics by Loren Barnes, President, S&S Headers, Inc.

You have probably heard words like: back pressure, scavenging, tuned length, merged collector, rotational firing order, compatible combination and many others that meant something, but how they relate to a header may be a little vague. This article should give you a basic understanding of how a header works, what the terminology means, and how it plays a part in the header’s performance gains.

The first misconception that needs to be cleared up is that a header relieves backpressure, but a certain amount of backpressure is needed for optimum performance. Just the opposite is true. A good header not only relieves the backpressure, but goes one step further and creates a vacuum in the system. When the next cylinder’s exhaust valve opens, the vacuum in the system pulls the exhaust out of the cylinder. This is what the term “Scavenging” means."

but he wouldnt know right?