regarding moving threads

hey guys the thread with driftpractice5 media has been moved to the granted access only section, im not a ‘granted access’ memeber but i went to the practice and i wanna see pcitures, can you please move it back ? im sure im not the only one in this situation

Yeah… what’s with that? You’ve never done it before… You don’t even do that for the SON meets and this wasn’t even a SON event…

I want my pictures!!!

Yah, why should a bunch of hard parking mods move a thread about a topic they weren’t even envolved in, when the people that were, now can’t see it.

If the pics were hosted on SON’s server then i could understand not wanting the traffic… but they arent… so who gives a shit?

I demand this thread doesn’t get ignored! :evil:

lol. 8)

pay the money and become a member, easy as that. And after you do that, demand your stickers that no one got…

Yeah let me get right on th…hey is that a Classified rule breaker?

Be back in a minute guys. Got some overzealous modding to do.

But seriously, if it’s posted on SON. It gets moved to the appropriate forum. Ask someone who took pics to email you them or something. Media gets put in it’s respective section.

Sorry but SON needs funds to stay online, otherwise we couldn’t have a Media section or a Club Meets/Trackdays section. :wink:

Yea I aswell attended the meet and would like to see the pics, I find the mods here are a little strict, I dunno just my opinon

Dont even know if theres pics of me posted on the net from the event, kinda makes it more weird.

Anyways just my .2 cents

anyways cool event and ill be out next year as well

Andrew

This thread should be moved to the Members Chat.

i dont understand why you complaining ladies dont just pay up… you have your own car so clearly you’re not poor… so spend teh money on a membership and stop ur whining.

GT

No, I think the mods are wrong on this one.

This was a community event held by 2 respected guys in our car/drift community. Jover and Alex, who have been around for a long while. The guys that participated in this event, some are members and some are not. Do you expect the AE86 guys to pay membership just to see the pictures? And Don’t tell me that they should post them on their own forums.

This club is here to service the community as well as provide for its members. You guys seem so addimint(sp?) to inforce member ship fees, why are we still a free forum then?

The thread should have been moved to Events section and left there for a while so the guys inside and outside our club could have seen them. When it died out after a few weeks then it could have been moved to media.

Sorry, as a Senior member this kinda stuff I find petty. You guys wanted to stay as a club that serviced the community and provided extra for those that were paying members. Well, this thread was here to service, its not a stupid thread about look some guy got hit by a truck.

Andrew.

Mods: Please move this to the Front Desk where it belongs.

Regardless, I still think the mods are doing a great job here!

Thank you

I’ll admit it. Since 2003, I’ve only paid membership once.

But this was late 2003 so my membership was for 2004. I paid $35 to bing.

2005 I didn’t pay anything, but I did my share of work on building the site
and then some. If that doesn’t justify me paying again, then I will do it.

But it seems a lot of other members who have paid already aren’t paying
again to renew.

So to me it seems it’s just a one-time fee. Unlesst this was the concept
we established a long time ago. In that case I’m smoking something I
shouldn’t be because I can’t recall.

So, pay the $10, and you’re in for good.

Pics hosted on other servers don’t do much for our bandwidth but when
the interest in those threads is high, and we have a lot more people
reading then we have a bandwidth issue.

We’ll move the threads to appropriate section; not because we’re power
hungry and we like to irritate some people (at least not me :hsugh: ) but
it’s to keep things in order.

just move it back, were not even hosting pics on son, thats just bull, and no we wont pay up, if your gonna let people on this site, let only those who payed, make everyone pay, or dont make anyone pay at all.

Fine. Take out the word “MEDIA” in the thread name and put it back into car chat. That’s where everything from events has always been posted…

Andrew is 100% right on this one… like i said before, it was a community event not specifically SON… so why should only SON “paid” members be allowed to see it?

Doesn’t make sense to me.

There are some problems with your options.

A. Let only those who paid on the site.
Really, a dumb option. If we only let people who paid on the site, do you realize what kind of sh*t that would start? It would also deter future membership as noone would be able to see the site. It would change this forum from being a public one to being a private one. Do you really want that? I don’t think anyone does.

B. This option is the same as A, so read my 1st reply.

C. If noone paid membership or anything, how do you expect us to pay for hosting of the site? IT ISN’T FREE. The main reason we have membership/fees is so we can pay hosting, the rest goes to anything else… the event banner for example.
If noone paid membership, the site/forum wouldn’t be able to survive.

Would you rather have the other members pay so you can hangout on the forum and benifit from it? Well guess what, THATS ALREADY HOW IT IS.

The paying members of this club have donated their cash so they can have people like you bitch about how you’re not getting all the privlages that they are getting.
Having all-access isn’t a right of every 240sx owner (or want to be owners) so shut the hell up. You should be grateful that people have stepped up and donated their own cash to keep this site/club running. You should also be grateful that people donate their time to build the club and keep it running.

From your join date, it looks like you have been here only a year and already you are preaching about how this site should be run. Get a clue.

So go ahead, don’t pay up, and keep leeching on what others have paid for and worked for.
You get NO sympathy from me.

Mike I agree with you. However this event was a community event like I said before. Not just 240sx owners went.

If SON is here to service the community as well as provide extra for its paying members. That thread should stay where it was. If SON is a payed club it should be a paying club and not support community. Lets not get into this friggin argument again.

The event was a community event PERIOD

Andrew.

Then the “community” can find it’s own forum to post pictures on.
Like i said earlier. Let Jover or whoever else PM, or email you the pictures. If it gets posted on SON, administration can move it to the appropriate section.

We aren’t going to break the rules just because none of the management was there. There are a lot of threads in the Media section that aren’t hosted by SON. Still Media none the less.

What I don’t understand is why you don’t just “move” every single other thread that had anything to do with media… like the “PICS! V.I.P Drift” thread etc.

Why is everyone so anal all of a sudden?

I have no problem paying $10, that’s not the issue…
The issue is that it’s never happened before and all of a sudden I can’t see pictures of an event that I attended and paid for, while people who weren’t even there, and who most likely don’t even CARE can… and just because they paid up they can see it…

Mods might have missed it. It’s hard for us to be on top of each thread.
Especially with school now, we are trying to keep things organized, but we still miss a few threads. I’m sure there are a few FS threads that are breaking the rules.