remote car starters... where to go?

+1 for scap, Mark is the man! Always puts out quality work!

Sterio advantage, i never go anywhere else for car audio and remote starts. Also had 3 manual ones installed i love the way the compustar works, it will not work unless the ebrake is on and the car is out of gear.

Ok, how bout something for a jeep with the module needed to bypass the secutrity shit? Also, needs a good range, and definately two-way communication to let you know the car started. Darylls quoted $360

wow my compustar is a 2 way 6000 ft. with a tun of extras and even a navi set up where is someone steals my car it shows them where it is. Cost me 523 installed.

Any remote starter that didn’t come from the factory is a bad idea.

pitlord works at darryls, cool dude, im sure he could help you out.

Ive never had a problem.

thats a false statement. iv got a very good viper security system in my grand am. it all just depends on who/where its installed. if the person doesnt wire it up correctly or does a hackjob then of course there will be problems.

Agree 100%
Seen many come into the shop with weird ass problems,( drivability, transmission not shifting correctly, starter staying on after car starts, etc) all came back to messed up remote starters. Also, if they cause some strange problem on a car thats still under warranty & you take it to the dealer for what you think should be warranty repair & they spend time trying to repair prob & it ends up being the remote starter, they may charge you for the work because it wasnt factory installed.
Just my 2 cents.

Anybody who does it for $99 or $140 or anything like that is a bad job. I figure it should cost at least $500 to install one properly. That means making proper harness connectors and using them where possible for easy return to stock. That also means any splices that can’t be avoided should be soldered and then protected with heat shrink with sealer. I like to see all wires properly tied away and protected where needed. I don’t like where they pull off the clips that hold the plastic cowl on and shove wires in there. Ring terminals on the nut for the battery terminal clamp are another classic. And for the love of God I don’t want to see scotchlock connectors anywhere.

i can’t disagree with you on that one, but i dont see the need for a $500 charge for all that.

it is a fair amount of labor but 99% of ppl looking for remote starts wont pay for all that. T-Taps, when used correct are great. All really depends on the buyer and installer and what they are willing to do/pay.

why’s that?

Gotta share…

A local place put a “$99 special” remote start on a friend’s car. He already had keyless entry, but wanted the “$99 special” remote start. The shop never informs him that for a few dollars more he can have the remote start AND keyless entry on one remote.
So, my friend gets his keys with his old key fob AND the remote start remote. He’s like WTF I gotta use BOTH of these?! Guy said yeah because you have keyless entry. So, after some arguing and explaining the shop guy has the balls to say, " I’ll take this one off and upgrade you BUT, I need to charge you for labor." What a fucking joke.
I cant remember the name but its a shop in Lockport.

Is there a place that can program a new remote if you lost the current one?

most remote starts on new vehicles are installed at the dealer not at the factory and the range sucks. i had a compustar installed by bdr it work flawlessly never had a problem. i know he installs mars at a very fair price. my father just got a remote start installed in his 07 f150 by scap another flawless job there. those are the only 2 people/places i would trust with my car

at 99 dollars u think that guys making much of a profit i would charge your friend to u dont stay in the auto industry by cutting deals for everyone

who knows where you can go to get a car starter for a vw. my buddy said he called some place and they told them they dont touch vw’s i havent tried calling or talking to anyone about this so i have no clue… figured id ask aswell

at 99 dollars u think that guys making much of a profit i would charge your friend to u dont stay in the auto industry by cutting deals for everyone

I would think that a educated person would see the current key fob and tell him that he’d be carrying 2 fobs, but if he spent a few more dollars, he’d just have one. Just what I think.

for a deal:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=779310#post779310