SCCA Solo II AutoX Novice School - 4/22/06

Nice vid, so its slaloms and things. Am i right in saying, its lots of suspension mods good tires and not so much power upgrades?

Edit: Address to NCCC please, and the sunday being the 30th?

NCCC: 3111 Saunders Settlement Rd. Sanborn, NY 14132
April 30th.

You dont have t odo anything to your car, if you leave it stick you are sort of at an advantage cause you are groupped with people that have similiar cars. Sticky tires are important, a stiff sidewall is very important.

i have boring ass, dunn tire Kelly brand tires. They curl under if i take corners to hard but i know where that limit is. They stick from a strait launch ok, but from a turned launch they will spin.

I may be coming out with another friend with a CAddy seville. We’ll see how it pans out.

The very worst thing that can happen is that you place last but that wont matter cause everyone will love seeing those cars auto-x. they need to pass a simple inspection. Just make sue the wheels are on tight, battery is tied down.

General Inspection: Battery tie down (not bungied), gas pedal returns from being pressed down, brake pedal pressure, all wheel studs are there and wheels are tight (ball joints or tie rods are also tight), no loose objects in the car (including floor mats, radar detector, anything hanging from mirror…), no NOS, and the obvious stuff like seatbelts and such.

Tires will help, but not necessary to have a good time. The biggest mistake that most people make is thinking that they have to have a prepped car to do this. ANY car can be run and a good time can be had. Look at the Red Toyota Corolla of DOOM, which is automatic and he ran it on crappy all-seasons last year (not sure if he got tires this year or not). I co-drove a Hyundai Elantra yesterday, and it turned out to be my fastest time of the day (too many cones on the other runs;). It’s more important to get out there and try it to see if you like it, and to have fun.

definately looking forward to the next event.

Alright, if i have enough moeny for gas me and my buddy are coming…Everythign on the buick is tight, all that is lookse are subwoofers in the trunk…battery is on factory mounts. its all stocker than stock…its been seafoamed but thats it.

good ol red buick tank going to scca…lol… makes me want to bring my big conversion van :slight_smile:

I’m taking it to Subaru this week sometime, the oil light never came on after I parked. The oil is full, no leaks last night either so I’m a little baffled.

Jim shouldn’t the results be on the SCCA website? :slight_smile:

Results posting is out of my hands right now. I sent the files to Jon to upload. Stephen never gave me an FTP account to post the results with, but I should have one for next time. Expect them to be posted in the next 24 hours.

Heh, I’m just bustin your chops, take your time. But that’s cool, for people who left early etc.

I bring mine to every event.

My snow tires hate me. Good times. :slight_smile:

do you run it? hahah if so. this will be fun…

$25 in hand to run right?

Thanks for the comments on the video. If I can’t make it for the driving, I’ll usually just get there late to watch and/or tape. Funny part is, most of that video was taken from the seat of my car- you didn’t think I was standing out in the rain did you?!

Hopefully I can meet some of you guys next time. Looking forward to driving NCCC. See you there.

nice video, heh atleast i made it in something lol.

http://sonikempire.com/gallery/albums/events/AutoX4-22-06/normal_IMG_5431.jpg

Everyone loves the corolla of DOOM! :slight_smile:

lol at the back wheel off the ground

i didn’t know he registered it as the corolla of doom

39mNHS85Saurabh KToyota Corolla of DOOM57.445*0.780 44.8070.3225.068

he can drive the shit out of that thing though i’ll definately give him that!

Damn dude…