Shit Gas Mileage

Now that is bullshit. It’s all in how you drive. KA’s do NOT need premium. Read your owners manual closely. It is recommended but not mandatory.

Also, periodically…use Shell, Sunoco or Pioneer. NO other gas stations.

i alwaysn got great gas mileage out of my de…and i drove like and asshole everyday accross major mac or elgin to 9th line…

around 350 city and 500 highway on my DE

hey 87s15, my car warms up pretty fast from when sitting cold. doesnt that mean the thermostat is ok ?

not necesarily

is there anything else left besides whats mentioned to change relating to fuel issues ? im gonna change the coolant sensor and thermostat.

clean your injectors, maf, intake Change your spark plugs, fuel filters

that should help you out quite abit

im not saying they need it i just value the money i put into my tank and i have experimented with running 87 and 91 driving the same distance every day which is about 100 round trip using cruise control and i get on average between 150 to 200 km differance, last year there was a big thread about milage bud and there was a few of us that figured and read this CAREFULLY 87s15lt1 you better milage not performance with premium gas compared to regular gas

i believe there is a tsb from nissan saying you shouldnt clean your injectors on ka due to the small screen inside them can catch any crud you loosen up from cleaning them and make it run worse, you might want to look into that before you try cleaning them

I had a very hard time understanding that…english please?

wow, you guys get crap gas mileage on your S13’s…
I usually get 480-500 per tank (~50L each fill up) for mixed city/highway driving.
For driving only on the highway I usually get 620-650km/tank (for about 50L of gas).

That’s ~10.5L/100km for city/highway and ~8L/100km for highway only for my S14.

Nissan’s figures for the S14 are 9L/100km for highway driving and 12.3L/100km for just city driving.

For the S13’s you should get about 9.4L/100km highway and 13L/100km city.

If you have anything above or below those figures you must check your car… i.e. O2 sensor, fuel filter, spark plugs, cat, coolant temp. sensor, knock sensor etc…

Most of the time doing your spark plugs, checking timing and replacing the O2 sensor gets you better gas mileage.

if you guys read my original post ive mentioned replacing almost everything u guys replied with and seeing if theres any other key parts i should look into besides the common ones.

what colour is ur exhaust, how does the engine performe when u drive it and did u ever check for leaks

its always white on start up and when warm it doesnt smoke alot when revved, what does that mean ? it drives good, pulls hard, engine sounds solid. no leaks

WHITE!? smell like coolant? or is it just moisture your seeing?

just moisture im sure, when its revved when warm it doesnt smoke at all, its when its sitting dead cold its smokes a little white which im sure is moisture

^ most likely moisture man, nothing bad.

a full tune up would be nice, also you can switch to synthetic, trust me, it’ll save you a bit on gas and also protect your car better too!

^^^ don’t switch to synthetic it’s a ka plus if the engine wasn’t using synthetic from the start it’ll just cause more problems.
if it ain’t broke don’t fix it! keyword it’s a ka!

not true, don’t know bout high mileage ones tho since I made the switch at <150,000km. But if your engine had problems to begin with that were hidden, that might explain it lol.

but I couldn’t be better from regular oil to Royal Purple!:slight_smile:

for better mileage use gasoline without alcohol. Alcohol burns slower than gas, and therefore does not get a complete burn in the combustion chamber, wasting fuel. It may take a few tanks to notice a difference when you switch. Good mileage is all about resistance. Use synthetic motor oil to reduce friction on cylinders, clean air filter, proper tire pressure. If you just brought it out of storage you might have a caliper sticking a bit cause friction on the rotor. Use low resistance spark plugs and wires. Man there are tonnes of thing that could be causing bad gas mileage.