smokers who quit. howd ya do it?

i really am trying to quit smoking, and this thread has been done i realize that. But for those who have tried and actually quit. howd ya do it. what kinda secret shit did ya do. im fine when im home or out with friends cause they bitch me out for smoking and i am a loser and dont like people to hate me so i wont smoke if people dont want me 2. the problem lies at work. i deliver to collision shops all day and every shop is filled with like 20 guys puffing away. It kills me. I have a few main reasons for smoking.
if anyone can offer advice to these please do.

1. boredom- i get bored driving around at work and i smoke.
  2. surroundings- explained shops kill me its like everyone smokes.
  3. habit- i use to like my alone time while smoking. just getting away for a few minutes, catching a smoke and then back in.

What should i do to solve these problems?

Eating suckers or chewing on tooth picks is what I used.

Usually works until I go out and drink.

dude that is me to a fucking T. Especially driving and smoking. What I did was I started to cut down gradually till I was at like 1/2 pack a day then I just stopped. That way I wouldnt require as much niccotine and the cravings werent as bad, and ther withdrawl wasn’t bad at all, just got really antsy. I’ve been free from being a slave to smoking for 11 days now :tup:. it is very hard still when im around a lot of people that smoke, but it gets better as time passes.

just keep smoking, youre going to die sometime anyway. hell, you might die tomorrow.

if you like it, why not do it? fuck everyone else

i got addicted to blow

start sucking dick. fucking faggot smokers

I quit by not starting.

Seriously idk try chewing gum.

enchantix…

it worked for the woman

I quit no problem, I smoked a little more then a half a pack a day, and then quit, no ill effects. I don’t know how or why, but I had no withdrawl effects at all. But usually when I see other people smoking, I want to. Now, for example, people are talking about, and I’m thinking how fucking awesome it would be to have a cig right now. Damnit.

1/2 pack a day is not bad. I was smoking 2 packs a day every day. I was going through 12-16 packs a week.

eh, well I was just surprised not to feel anything. After hearing horror stories about people who would even only smoke 1 pack a day and quitting and feeling like shit.

funny thing is that for the 3+ years i have known you, i never knew you smoked till my party like 2 months ago

Isn’t that something? I’m on to cigars now. I’m on to a five-year plan. I eliminated cigarettes, then I go to cigars, then I go to pipes, then I go to chewing tobacco, then I’m on to that nicotine gum.

I used to dip all the time at work when I couldnt smoke. not the same though. Smokeing is an oral fixation as well as niccotine addiction. Thats why those stop smoking aid packages have a plastic cigarette.

HAHAHAH AAWESOME UNCLE BUCK

when i worked at the bar i would chew a lot of gum, id start a new piece everytime people were on smoke break, id prob go thru like 12-20sticks a night haha… but its minty fresh!

I’m at probably 12 cigs/day and I definitely feel the effects when I stop. I can last about a day, but I get really pissed at even the smallest setback, and eventually cheat for the benefit of everyone around me. Road rage anyone? I tried quitting on Friday, bought the gum, and it definitely took away the craving. But quitting on a Friday was a retarded idea, and by Saturday night I was drunk and chain-smoking. The gum is sitting next to me as a reminder and I’ll keep trying.

My GF had been smoking for ~7 yrs IIRC. She decided to quit for new years and has been doing really well. She bought a box of nicorette gum (100pcs) and whenever she wants a cig she will pop a piece of gum. So far she has only smoke 2 times since new years. One night we went to the strip club and she wanted one and the other was last night we went to a bar and a guy was smoking next to us making her want one. Since shse didnt have the gum in her purse, she gave in and had one. Other than those two times, she has been fine.

My advice, get some gum, tooth picks, and dum dums (those tiny suckers) and try them out. See which one works for you.

GL

You have to go to the doctors and get Chantix. i have been smoking for too many years took this stuff and have had no urges or anything. Dont believe all the BS about the side effects. Only common things are upset stomach and wicked vivid dreams. You only have to take them for 60 days and you are done. no more urges nothing. easy as hell to do.

chantrix