So I nearly killed myself today...

And I got to experience my very first drift too. I’m driving home, four people in my car including myself, and I made a mental note to take corners slower, as it is wet out there. I’m taking the off ramp from hwy 7 onto bathurst north, and my car starts to drift. I’m like okay, this is cool… then it just kinda keeps going… I countersteer… I countersteer some more, and then it goes the completely opposite way, so I counter-counter steer and it goes a totally 3rd way, more countersteering, a 4th way, and then some more until my car finally stopped in the middle of the road. By the time I was done there was prolly a weird pretzel looking shape at the intersection. Through some miraculous-ass luck there were no other cars there, and I always managed to succeed in countersteering before I hit a curb (although I neared a curb atleast 3 times) so yea… In the future, I believe I’ll come to a full stop before I ever take a turn in wet weather.

/endrant

PS> I don’t street drift, or take corners obnoxiously fast, so before you yell, I’m really not too sure WHY my car lost control at that speed, might’ve been a combination of bad weather, too much people in the car, and me being really cramped in the seat so I couldn’t modulate the throttle too well, I just don’t know. I normally drive like a pussy.

lol, I’m glad it turned out ok but you should already know how to control your car if its spinning out … take it to the track or in an empty lot late at night when its wet out so you dont make a lot of noise…

It isnt FWD, so take it out and …be the car.

I spun out tonight in the wet too… But it was an intersection, and there were cars. I blame it on lack of experience with a real LSD :?

Oh well.

omg rain drift

haha speaking of close calls, walter saw everything that happened to me and this was just last week too lol

I’m just glad I’m amongst the living, and that my car is undamaged. But very scared… oh so very scared :smiley: I would like to learn how to handle it properly, but I’m also afraid that I might not be so lucky at the track, and I’ll actually smack into something, since far more knowledgeable and experienced people do it too. I don’t know, I think I’ll drive more like a pussy for now, until I get the cajones to take 'er to the track and really figure out this whole “car control” thing :wink:

im sure you would of been fine

everyone over reacts when they have spin outs happen for the first time

Yep. That’s why it’s a good idea to get some practice/experience in open parking lots. It’s not being stupid, it’s learning the limits of adhesion of your car and learning how to react to bring the car back within them.

I stopped reading right about here… “And I got to experience my very first drift too.”

bus passes are on sale?

buses are safe

:lol:

I just found that part really funny

i spun my car out on the weekend too…

but it was going down a mountain.

with a reducing radius corner

going 110

chasing paul.

GT

do not fear the rain, it will allow you to experience reduced traction situations at slower speeds.

think that rain was a little fun…try driving it all winter long :twisted: DORIFTO

I stopped reading right about here…

Anywho I remember doing this in the Mustang once. Actually it was my
bro driving and he ‘kicked it’ (almost like VTec) taking a left turn in
3rd gear (shifted from 2nd to 3rd in middle of intersection).

Good times…

yeah driving these cars in the winter is a nice way to learn how to control it in rain. ha!

Then I had to stop not to hit you. And drive around on the grass because
I didn’t know if chris would stop in time. Way to ruin the turn for me…
ruiner.

Then the next time down the mountain Paul brushed the rail ever so
slightly right infront of me, that was hot.

Something gives me the feeling Solarian WOULD have died if he tried to
keep up with us?

And I’m happy to see Maurice is already enjoying the KAAZ 2-Way. If its
making you spin out its working perfectly, hehe.

noob :lol:
drifting in the rain is for underpowered cars…

Andrew.

Thats right ditch boy.

dude thats so old. Yet still funny :lol:
Solarian my frist drift attempts with stock 89 POS open diffed car ended up in the ditch for me. Another time was full spinout. If you don’t try you will never learn, just try to pick areas where your not gonna hurt anyone. I.E. parking lots.

You will get use to spinouts, and learn how to antisipate them.
Your still a nube though, watch those downshifts to 2nd in the rain, shift lock is your friend :lol:

Andrew.

Gonad, Yea i did that coming out of my school when i first got my 240 HAHA. Lets just say I didnt die. I swerved, almost hit the curb, then almost into oncoming traffic, yea it was bad. That was like my first week actually driving the car haha. I didnt try that again.