So the car was broken into last night

Send me a PM with details of what was stolen, I work at a pawn shop type store in the area and I may see some of this come through.

Yeah Tonawanda/Kenmore has had an increase in these thefts in the last two years.

I’m in Kenmore and had 4 cars rifled through in one night last year. They got nothing from me though as I left them nothing to steal as far as small electronics go and they were too dumb to realize that there were >$500 in gauges sitting in my gauge pod in the DSM, staring them in the face as they went through my center console and glove box.

My woman who locks her doors every night, forgot that night of course and they got her MP3 player.

Her mom’s car was also unlocked but didn’t have anything of value.

My neighbor’s wife left her purse with wallet in her unlocked car which they hit as well.

Just double check your doors. We do every night now.

All of this mention of cars being “unlocked” - I’m failing to see what was “Broken” into?

The only smart one in your neighborhood I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ha! Yeah well, the DSM had electrical gremlins at the time, causing the factory alarm to go off at 4am every night. The alarm automatically arms if you lock the doors. The problem has since been fixed but I figured that an unlocked car, in my backyard in Kenmore wouldn’t be fucked with. Oh well!!

car alarm
+2 large bottles of pepper spray
+mounting bracket
+lil electric motor

combine all of the above, wait for the day you hear someone screaming like a little bitch from your driveway late at night. theif found.

There are a few half-way decent camera setups you can use. But for anything that is useful you’re looking at spending a few hundred at minimum. Be it a high quality standalone camera with IR that can record to SD card, or via network. Or a IR camera and recorder setup that records at a decent framerate.

Other issues come into play as well.

who in their right mind would leave all that shit in an unlocked car? i dont care where u live, if u do that you are just askin 4 it…
even the nicest neighborhoods have thiefs and and drug addicts…

sucks to hear man.The camera idea sounds good, but large dogs and shotguns work well to.:tup: