sooooo.... [caught doing donuts: legal trouble]

Did they give you a pre paid envelope to send something back to them…

If so send them a bowling ball with a picture of your dick pasted to it

i dont see how they can prove it was you… unless you gave them the video footage which would be monumentally retarded.

call a lawyer

Leaving tire marks is NOT DAMAGE, I would think that normal wear and tear on an asphalt parking lot would be nearly the same.

MAYBE, MAYBE they can force you to repaint some lines

It is damage… if its asphalt you’ll tear it up pretty good. go outside and do a brake press I bet you have a 1/2 inch hole when you are done

no its their video(surveillance)

that is an impressive action by the lot owner.

throw a heater down in the court parking lot while your at it…

I’d fight it… cheaper with a lawyer…

They have to prove that you personally did the damage they want you to “refinish”… and I’m sure you weren’t the only one who ever did dougnuts there or “slid sideways” which would cause the same type of damage you caused.

They want $$; plain and simple…

was there snow and ice on the lot?

no

he was doing donuts, not standing burnouts. I highly doubt he left any noticable divots in the lot. It is likely ALL cosmetic.

does the lot have cameras??
was the car registered to you??

Take a gamble and lawyer up. Good luck.

And they may just want it fixed for cosmetic reasons, which I think is fair. It’s their lot. It is kinda shitty though.

Ooooo actually if you weren’t a douchebag to everyone on here. I bet a bunch of us could have gone there and did a bunch of donuts and they’ll never be able to prove how much damage you actually created

LMFAO. WUT???

HAHAHAHA. EPIC

lol. im not even going to answer this:deadhorse:

LOL

This is why I always make sure theres a shitload of snow on the license plate/s when participating in winter parking lot entertainment.

If it were me I wouldn’t pay that. I would get a lawyer ASAP. Sounds like they are using you for an excuse to get the parking lot sealed/painted.

EDIT: Didn’t realize this didn’t involve snow :rofl:

They can’t make you seal and paint the whole lot. They can only hold you accountable for the damage you caused. That said…how much of a field day did you have in there?

don’t admit anything… they’ll just give up on this one.

From an insurance standpoint, I cant say that this would even be covered for 2 reasons. Keep in mind it is ultimately up to your insurance company, but here is my take on it.

1. you waited too long and they might have an issue with this. If the claim wasnt put in in a timely manor, they may not honor the claim.

2. Intentional acts usually are not covered. I know you didnt intentionally damage the parking lot… if in fact you did. But the donuts themselves were an intentional act

3. I dont even know if this would be covered at all. Typically insurance covers “accidents.” See #2. I would imagine this would have to be excluded in some way.

Now my personal opinion… they need to prove you damaged something. If the lot was covered with snow, what could you have possibly done? I agree I would lawyer up and fight it. Even if you had to replace something in the parking lot, you certainly do not owe to redo the entire lot.

Edit: If this didnt involve snow, i still do not see how they can charge you to redo the entire parking lot. But still have to prove what damage you caused.