SPL vs Bings vs Meagan multilink

Looking into multilink suspension parts, I priced out 3 different packages I may get. I dont want spl because I would rather buy bings for less $. I strongly believe in supporting local busness but meagan is available for a much better price than bing is offering. I wouldent doubt his product is better than meagan but in which ways I am not sure, this is why I ask.

Now the question is if I buy meagan how will I be dissapointed over the competition?
will it break?
will it not be as adjustable?
will the joints wear out/ seize/ or make excessive noise?
installation more difficult? (dont see this happening but who knows)
is meagan much heavier? I read its steel not aluminum
replacement parts $$$??

SG website prices
spl track 230
splc ruca 315
spl toe arm 250
spl tension 220
spl total 1115

Bings prices
bings track 175
bings toe 175
bings ruca 275
bings tension 210
bings total 835

RTM prices
meagan track 130
meagan toe 125
meagan ruca 155
meagan tension 130
meagan total 530+tax

I dont know about SPL but I know bings stuff is rock solid… teflon coated joints for added wear protection beefy construction oversized joints… Meagan is a lesser cheaper product in my opinion…

Im running PBM stuff on mine and love it currently… but Ill be getting the rest of the ams from bing that I dont have other than the toe rod which will be from PBM do to clearencing issues wit having a super low car where the PBM one has a bend in it as to not hit subframe… PBM = Powerd By Max

Bing uses QA-1 bearings and rod ends, which are some of the best on the market.
I think that SPL also uses QA-1 or Aurora with most of their stuff, Aurora being even beter some say.

Megan are going to be cheap quality, they’ll do the job, but they won’t last.
I have some Bings stuff, and some SPL stuff, no Megan stuff.
Given that a lot of stuff was already done to my car when I bought it, all upgrades since then have been from these guys, some of the better stuff on the market.

assuming that most people will not have this problem? Im assuming you can go very low with the bings toe rod too? mayby just not SUPER low… any other comments on this?

… how low is SUPER low? not to get off topic but do you have a pic?

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_files/public/1246577294_2_FT0_p1040842.jpg

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_files/public/1222117685_2_FT3169_p1030715.jpg

and this low

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_files/public/1251596001_2_FT4523__1.jpg

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_files/public/1251596001_2_FT4523_untitled-.jpg

woo 666 posts

i have megan rucas and theres a tiny bit of rust forming but that due to a defect in the coating.

i have no problems with it yet and ive put probably 20k on them so far.

bending toe arms on subframe sucks.

Bings will be fine if you just going low… but if you can barely get a penny to stand upright between your frame rail and the ground then youll be destroying to rods if you dont have something like the PBM ones

i plan on trackin my car a couple times a month if i got the flow, is megan a bad choice? am i gunna be replacing them often? the cars low but not slammed.

your call your money… Id rather invest in better quality off the bat then have to replace something i bent or wore out

Megan multilink seems pretty solid, I have had no problems yet and its cheap so its a win…

I’ve always run BINGs on my cars… Never had a problem.

Supporting local products (obviously not ALL of BINGS stuff), is worth the extra money to me. The fact that bings is a lot better than megan, is an added bonus.

SPL

I run Bing’s on my car, I also like the SPL. Not sure if it would be worth the price difference.
Plus Bing is local, easy to get replacement if it should ever arise

took a look at the spl, defintly alot beefier then megan./…

i do cash deals for local guys so my price will come in a fair bit lower than that.

My rods ends are same spec as SPL, in fact i went with the Endura stuff before SPL did back maybe 5 years ago.

The SPL / PBM toe arms are bent for hyper-low cars, i COULD do that but it’s a big hassle and it would be tough for me to hit the price point. Plus very few guys actually need that stuff. My cars are set up by Can-align and are pretty low and i have zero issues with that stuff.

The Megan stuff is better than alot of the ebay grade stuff so you’re not wrong to get it. If there were not local suppliers for it however i would say you’d be crazy to get it.

The SPL stuff is probably the best out there as far as an overall package, but it costs several hundred more and it will be hard to get the service if you need it.

I’ve had maybe 5-6 guys out of hundreds break my arms in about 7 years. None on the current generation, only on older generations and only on the track other than 1 guy that i know of who had the GEN 1 stuff for 3+ years through winters in Alberta.

3-4 Years ago all the Canadian DMCC drivers were on my stuff but most of the guys i was supporting are not drifting anymore since the big Tire sponsors dropped out or they got sponsored by others at a cost below where i can go… or they let Pfeffier drive their car and he replaced their arms with BV when he crashed the shit out of their S14 and ruined their arms and then took too long to replace them…lol…

I always say DO it right the first time so there won’t be a 2nd time, I would suggest Bings, his stuff is Rock solid, and for 300$ that you are saving if it sves you from doing it in another 15-20k then that is also a win

I have never seen or held Bing’s links. But as for Megan vs SPL, SPL is significantly thicker and nicer joints.

+1 for Bings Multi-link.

Its local, you can get each piece and they are pretty heavy duty.

Withstood my drifting for 2yrs balls out.

If your strapped for cash, Megans aren’t bad.

I 've been running them for 2 track seasons. Put over 10k on them.

I do a fair bit of off roading at tracks, and have yet to have any problems.

But if you have a extra $150, i don’t’ see why you wouldn’t get bings.