SPL vs Bings vs Meagan multilink

Ive had a few different arms on my car

i have Megan now, because im a cheep ass and its for a drift car, (meaning cheep to fix when i crash) My car is slammed and still able to safety run 0 degrees or rear camber without running out of treads.

ive have never has an issue with them, but if i were Varun (slipperySilvia) has them in stock, so its little to no down time!

Pants Approves Megan MULTI LINK !!! lol

I have all spl arms minus LCAs.

Great quality and durability.

I happened to be an unlucky fella who did not get the message for a recall on RUCAs… so mine cracked first track day of the year while racing (defective tubing). Kuah was super quick about sending me free replacements.

Also one advantage of SPL’s is when they have upgrade arms you basically pay half the price on the new product as you already purchased from SPL previously.

Kuah is also a great guy to deal with in general.

Bings’ stuff never ran it but it looks descent with descent rod ends and what have you, it seems like a good deal. His stuff has improved definitely as I’ve been following it (purely from pictures though lol).

Megan? Eh… what were you thinking lol. Of course you don’t want that crap :smiley: Questionable material/construction, questionable rod ends… you get the picture…

Bings what we need you to make locally are LCAs :wink: I’m contemplating getting those cheap ass godspeeds (100-200 bux for both front and rear w00t) and modifying them as per nissanroadracing.com discussion with proper rod ends, etc… Basically for about 300-400 you could have adjustable quality LCAs… they are basically knock off ikeya formulas. The godspeeds by themselves stock arent even safe not to mention crap though lol… but cheap for the willing to modify.

Bings also needs to copy DW’s front and rear drop spindles :smiley: Hint hint :smiley:

bing will you sell singles should someone hit a curb? or just the ends should they fail?

that should help, I have a feeling Bing will say yes, under particular circustances,

megan is alittle squeeky

I run a K-sport multi-link. Had them for almost 3 years now. Not a single spot of rust. They’ve held up just fine. Intense ran them in their drift cars. And they took some serious abuse.

However this year I’ll be making my own. LCA’s as well. Using either QA1 or Aurora ends. The arms themselves will be made of 4130… Chromoly ftmfw…

To the OP.
Keep in mind. That with bent pieces like the PBM. Slamming your car can completely fuck up your geometry without modded knuckles and what not.

the LCA’s would be really nice if bing made them… thats part of the reason I was going to go meagan, because I could have matching everything.

the LCA’s I have seen are pricey so…

is it worth buying the LCA’s or is replacing the bushings good enough?
anyone here using bings stuff on an aftermarket LCA?

I have bing’s arms on the rear of my Z. I folded over stock arms and some shit from ebay and these are still dirt dropping strong :slight_smile:

Well ideally you’d want LCAs that have roll center corrected/adjustable… plus there’s the benefit of getting rid of more bushings/bind out of the equation… however alot of people for years on years have been running stock LCAs. Changing bushings is always a good idea as some of our cars have rotten bushings lol… If you really slam your car well a lot of things will go wrong… if you want to do it right running some adjustable LCAs or at least roll center corrected balljoints is a good idea… The only balljoints on the market for our cars that actually correct roll center (albeit little) are moonface ones which are a 300$ rip off.

Eh I had my car slammed for a bit, went for corner balance/alaignment at scot, he raised it back up. Car drove much better… until I can correct a bunch of this crap I’m staying at the height I’m at.

I am really interested in driftworks’ drop spindles though… there’s some interseting discussion on Zilvia about them.

Godspeed LCAs can be had for like 200 bux front and rear… but require modification to actually be useful/safe/potent.

Megan’s LCAs are basically same shit as godspeed but i am not 100% on that… i think ive seen them once they were blue or something… both are essentially china knock offs of ikeya formula LCAs… both are garbage/unsafe stock.

if you wana know what i was talking about here’s the thread:

http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=1407

Full of win.

Spl’s LCA arms are NAMS arms and are damn overpriced… and if i recall they dont actually come with QA1 rodends (not all of spl’s stuff had QA1 rodends). The only ones i know who had aurora rod ends off shelf product was peak performance (they have some neat stuff but I still prefer kuah)

^Nice post!

Here’ are the 3 links I’ve been reading.
http://nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=669&highlight=roll+center

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=412505&st=0&fcat=

Hopefully sooner rather than later.
I will have some prototypes made up… Also looking into making front and rear knuckles. Which will also be made of 4130.

cool let me know how ur lca project goes.

It looks like they will most likely have to be used in conjunction with modded knuckles. So that you can retain full adjustability and correct suspension geometry at the same time. All while having your car drag it’s vag on the asphalt.

Whether or not it’ll be worth replicating is another story.
I have a few designs I have to work out.

PBM for the win. I’m going to sell my the megan shit that came with my car and do it right :)…forrest wangs s14 = sex

You do realize that the suspension shot shown is not really ideal…

Everything (All the arms) a should be parallel to the ground possible. That set up is made for the sole purpose of slamming and disregarding how the car handles…

yes i sell components when i have them in stock, including rod ends… i am running really low on stuff right now though. I am in the process of reordering.

That is 100% true.

However the green s14 (matt powers) came in… 4th? at formula d this year. At the exact ride height its shown at there. Kind of a good testament to handling not being exactly a paramount objective in drifting. PBM rods are good for what they are intended to do. Go low, go sideways, not break.

I’m positive Matt Powers doesn’t share that exact same set up. I’m pretty sure his has more pieces for correction. Compared to that undercar pic.

There was talk on Zilvia about it. Can’t find and pics of it though.

Also. When the suspension geometry has been corrected. There is no need for the angled and bent pieces.

For those of you wondering about the Godspeed/QA-1 arms, I’m making them right now. They are more expensive than Ahmed posted, but still cheaper and better than most of the other stuff on the market.

Fronts on ebay are $155 (plus $45 shipping)
Rears are about the same.
Package F/R comes in at about $360 + $90 shipping.

• Although I just found some at $345 + $40 shipping, best I’ve seen outside of the Zilvia group buy.

QA-1 doesn’t ship to Canada on orders less than $1000, but there are some suppliers in Canada. The bearings & rod ends are roughly another $100.

The rest of the little stuff is available from McMaster-Carr…however they no longer ship to Canada at all. Total was ~$30, so you’ll have to find a local supplier or a supplier that ships to Canada.

If you’re just doing the fronts, you’ll be in for roughly $350 all things included, then you just have to drill out your knuckles, press out the Godspeed bearings, dremel the cup to proper diameter, press in the new bearings, install the new rod ends, assemble/etc.

If you’re doing front & rear, you’ll be in for more $$, and the rear bearing components haven’t really been figured out/done yet.

But, couple the fronts with some adjustable tie rods (SPL/Z32 for me), and you’ll have a better suspension geometry up front to start. My rear end is another story, which I haven’t quite decided on yet.

+1 good thread.
Bing:
Who manufactures ur suspension, or where do u get them from?
Do any other sponsors run them on their track cars for competion events?
If so how do they fair?, ie wear and tear strenght,

Not to speak for Bing, but I think he has all his stuff made in Canada, then orders the QA-1 bearings. I think he said a lot of the Canadian DMCC guys were using his stuff a while ago, and minimal breakage.

get bings if u wanna sponor canadian market and continue to let it grow. his products are very well developed and sustained years of my drifting on the track. megan arms are crappy and cheap for a reason. they work fine for now. but suspensions is something ur safety is depending on. their coilovers are cheap and ok not bashing that.

i tried both megan and bings. and if one part of bings arm is broken u can get the part the next day. spl has tierods that are top of the line. so that is one part u shuld buy from them not from either megan or bings.