Springs install

Anyone know of a shop that can do my lowering springs for a good price? Don’t have the time or tools to do it. Dealer tried saying it would be $700 so fuck that noise. Or if someone wants to do em for a little extra cash lmk

albany speed shop? or capital reigon customs

ASS wanted similar prices to dealership

$700 for spring install is fucking robbery.

Car is sold!!! Lock it up!!!

That’s the spirit!!! LOL

Yep.

No one in this area is capable of such things.

Traded it in for an si

Smartest automotive choice you have ever made, I’m proud!

700 / 4 (struts) = $175 a corner.

1.98 hrs per corner at $90 an hr. Most dealers are close to $100 an hr.

and remember these are 4 struts, (not 2 struts and 2 springs/shocks) that need to be dissassembled to replace the springs. I dont have all data infront of me to see what they say the labor is.

just sayin.

2 hours a corner, what are you a fucking union worker? :lol

I would assume the $700 price includes a top notch alignment, yes? no?

Just DIY.

Edit: Fail @ reading comprehension.

Can’t afford to lower car.
Sell.
Profit?

1-800-JOE-JIGG is where you want to contact for such needs

I would DIY if I had the time and someone to help but I really have no time. And $700 is crackhead talk. If I was on this forum years ago I would get the Joe jigs joke but??

I understand the reasons behind them charging that but let’s be fucking realistic no way it takes 6+ hr to do 4 springs with a car lift and air tools/ spring compressor

No it wouldn’t take 6 hours but the job is calculated by flare rate hour for instance for me to do a strut on a volvo I get 1.5 hours per corner it take me about 15 mins to do the job with the Nike pneumatic spring compressor tool, and in that price you have to account for the overhead the price of the 10k tool the electricity it takes to run the lift the compressor and everything else, like factory training for the techs as well so if you want to complain about the price go out and buy yourself a lift spring compressor tools and an alignment rack

nope it doesnt with there is a compitent tech on the job AND a car that isnt rusted, siezed, broken, cobbeled up, etc. (not saying yours is)

the “by the book” hr est is an ave of the time it should take to get the job done, IRC it takes in account for a little of the “what ifs” like siezed bolts and such.

Case and point the lift on the red f150 said 8 hours to install as per manufacturer. One sized bolt in a unicorn controll arm that i couldnt get locally for days if i wanted to replace it, took 3 hours with 2 guys heating, impacting, beating, etc to get free, 6 man hrs, or my lift was stuck with a truck on it for 3 days waiting for a part. I agreed to 8 hrs and I stick to that. I only charged him IRC one hour over on the bill. Other times I eat the time if its over a little here and there, other times I do it quicker than the job said it should… in the end it averages out.

I use all data to ball park most jobs, if I come under I am honest and will take some time off the est labor it said it should take. if i come in over by a little I eat it. if shits broken or unforceen stuff causes major overages, I dont work for free! As honest as you can be I guess at this game.

true on the first not on the second.

labor hrs do not take in account overhead to keep the lights on and people employeed. the shops labor RATE does that. My labor rate includes cans of brake clean, paper towles, and the electricty to run my lift compressor, tools, etc… While I have to charge someone for said things I would not put those items on a bill and charge someone directly for say 1 can of brakecleaner. its “hidden” in the rate.

Word I’m gonna go out and buy all that shit stat