Springs install

rent me the rack when your done! lol

this thread is AWESOME. :rofl :rofl :rofl

No they both play a factor in it if you charged time for time on a job you would t be making all that much money the more efficiaten the tech is with quality and timely ness makes or brakes the deal… Like charging 15 mins to do a strut job at 100$ per hour your maybe made enough to pay your tech that did the job so getting that 1.5 hours covers a fraction of your light bill and what not for the shop, but that’s just my take on it I’m not a shop owner or anything

I agree and dont at the same time. Its all in how each place wants to run an honest business. You can either over quote (hrs) with a lower rate and bang the job out, and jump on the next to make the profit. or you can under quote with a higher rate and do the same thing. Eitherway there is a point that you have to be reasonable on both tokens to be profitable, efficient and not a shark. Its a doube edge sword.

Either way, generally speaking including the calculations for overhead into your labor rate, is much easier to keep on top of then pressuring the techs to bang out jobs faster than the labor estimate said to, in order to be profitable. that was my point.

there really isnt a right and wrong.

Shop talk ITT. Shits been had been handled.

I bought a coil spring compressor from Snap On for less than $100.
Buy jack stands, floor jack, and some tools and you’ll still be under $700 and have the tools to keep forever and money left over to get an alignment, which should be less than $100 too.

Wow

I have no time to do them. But someone is already doing them

Your 100% right and with that attitude is what separates you from the shops that give good repair shops a bad name

thanks CM. Glad to see you didnt think I was finding fault with ya. Just having a discussion.

Its a fine line in pleasing customers and keeping the business going in the direction you want it to.

Haha yea I def see where you are coming from and your right there is a very fine line and you can’t keep everyone happy my best friend owns a shop and I’ve seen it where a customer is just too stubborn to understand what they are being told and at that point you have to cut your losses and move on and there are also the assholes that want everything done for free and right away (that statment is nOt directed to the original poster as I don’t know anything about you)

blahblahblahblah

$800 is still robbery for installing some springs

Everyone has to make a living but it shouldn’t cost you a grand to lower your car an inch.

Werd. At that price, you can buy some cheapo coilovers which will save at least half of the labor cost on some vehicles.

Honest mechanics seem to get harder to find for some. We have some assets to the community such as Boxersix, MEATPAWS, KK, Wayne, etc… that make any of the bullshit you may find on Shift worth it the first time you need the help of any of them.

As just about anyone here knows, that unless it is warranty work, Adam (Boxersix) gets all of my business as he’s more than fair, honest, and a great friend to top it all off. For a recent example, I have to replace a blown TiAL turbo on the 911 and had to ship it out. Adam boxed it up properly and dropped it off at my house ready to go except for postage. It’s small stuff like that that make you realize he’s not just a mechanic, but he’s also a friend.

Exactly what I told AVB

for that much money why wouldn’t u just buy the tools and do it yourself.

Valid point. But as said before in my posts I do not have the time. And I’m not paying $700. The whole point of me starting this thread

Is this on the evo? Anyone with half a brain and basic tools could get that job done in four hours. Toss in air tools and i need not explain

Yes this is on the evo. Obviously springs are a simple install but I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME. Someone is already doing them Saturday

Thanks for the props cossey:’( , I can do that job in under 3 hrs but not one person brought me up !!! Fuck all of u nomore meatpaws help