head gasket
boost controller
haltech
intercooler
exhaust
coils
fuel pump
this will be a fast sr
but a 16-19 year old should stick to sr at 13-15 psi t25 w/ basic boltons/coils(not saying u are stupid kid so dont take it the wrong way)
my car ran a 13.600 with t25 man boost control spiking at 15 on average 225 summer tire
with haltech ps1000 made 266 at 15psi t25
making a car turn fast is way better then making a car go fast in a line

for sure, just got my s14 back with a s14 sr swap, mostly stock just down pipe and fmic, and it pulls, had some mad fun yesterday, even 300whp most be really fast.

Smartest thing ever said on son. I only started dealing with investments now and thinking about future shit. i’m 26. I wish i started wayyy earlier instead of blowing every last cent. Mind you it was fun though.

That being said…if you already have motor then 3g can do pretty good if you plan shit well and do lots of fabbing

[QUOTE=team <DA>;3146270]Smartest thing ever said on son. I only started dealing with investments now and thinking about future shit. i’m 26. I wish i started wayyy earlier instead of blowing every last cent. Mind you it was fun though.

That being said…if you already have motor then 3g can do pretty good if you plan shit well and do lots of fabbing[/QUOTE]

My present dilemma.

3000 is plenty to work with when building SR.

okay im going to go with-
garrett GT2871R turbo
custom fabbed top mount manifold
isis intake (greddy style)
metal hg
550 cc FiveO injectors
Brian Crower head package (valves, springs, cams and retainers)
boost controller
maybe rods and pistons
and any other little things
fmic
exhaust
split fire coils
fuel pump

might be a little over 3000

you need, external wastegate with screamer coming out the hood

This is a common misconception. Too many people take the RB plunge without doing proper research. They are not hard to make power out of and when done right are incredibly reliable. As for parts they are easy to attain if you know what to buy. Not that SRs aren’t good, but RB and KA-T are underrated setups which is wrong.

why would you go with a custom top mount for a gt2871r, it makes so much more sense to just go bottom mount with the many different types of manifolds out there, including the stock manifold.

And like everyone else has said, 320+ whp in a s13, is ridiculously fast on the street.

550cc injectors won’t cut it, i would go with 740’s.

as for the greddy style intake, that is touch and go. Some people say it leaks alot around the injectors, others have no problems.

If you have money, spend it on the head. Build that shit proper.

Dont waste any time building your block, just make sure it has strong compression and get a new apexi metal headgasket and arp studs and call it a day.

okay thanks, ill go with the 740’s

3000 is not going to get u what you have posted…
trust me man 2871 boost control haltech head gasket
i have bosch 550cc’s if you are interested pm if interested

buy my cams, intercooler setup and turbo set up

i made 425 whp

because i can fab one, and spend some time instead of like $800

thats what i plan on doing :slight_smile:

You won’t need the bottom end built like everyone says until your upwards of 400 HP. I wouldn’t bother with pistons and rods.

tru^ would bearings and main studs be a good idea?

Good luck with this.

thank you kind sir ^, but can ayone answer my question, would bearings and main studs be a good investment?

Just do new ACL bearings all around… While youre at it, you might as well do rings, and rehone cylinders. Then do ARP main studs, ARP head studs, metal HG and an OE gasket kit. For $6000 just rebuild an SR, toss on a GT2871 and get the head ported, with all the typical SR work. But you’re forgetting about stuff like a tune and then a wideband and other important monitoring systems that come with a modified motor. SRs are proven to run at 300HP all day with not too much work though.

fuck block work and shit. too much effort. get some head done and turbo stuff like pantz said.

i know im going to sound like a noob but what is a wideband? and where would i get a tune

its a o2 sensor that is far more quick and accurate for reading your lean/rich exhaust. I have a AEM unit. works good. Take your stuff to sasha - SG. he knows.