STI or GTO? PLEASE HELP!

Just rode in them.

It’s all personal. I do not like the GTO, and I do like the STI.

I think you may be a little biased, haha.

Anyways, if you are going to strictly drag race, the easy winner is the GTO. However if you want to have decent handling balanced with good performance, I would go STI. I have not driven either, but I think both are really good cars. You also may want to consider seating space, you will be able to drive around a few friends if you get the STI, whereas the GTO is only a 2 door. I was behind a red GTO on the way to work yesterday morning through the Liberty tubes and I must say that V8 sound amazing (I think he had a full exhaust setup though).

A darker red? pretty loud and sounded cammed? Haha, thats Ron, and yes he is full exhaust and cam.

In this comparison the only reason I see to go with an STi is winter driving, or if it was an autocross car perhaps.

STI

I think it was a dark red (almost alike a maroon). He was a few cars ahead of me on 51 before we went into the tunnels. I could hear him all the way through the tubes. Definitely a nice car.

Yeah, sounds like Ron, he has the same exhaust setup I just dumped in favor of a magnaflow for being too obnoxiously loud… haha… Maybe when I get a cam I’ll go back, because a large cam through the spintechs sound unreal.

Again depends what your doing with the car. I like them both.

This is all a personal opinion thing anyways. What do you want? Look at it this way, you have been in jail or some where you couldn’t drive for a year. today you can drive and one of your friends is with you. you get one of the cars to go rip around in for the first time in a year and he gets the other, which one do you take?

Obviously the GTO for the soft-ride and comfy seats… since his ass is gonna be sore!!! :eek3::puke::eek3:

-TJ

I’m not sure about the 08+ STi’s, but 06 and 07’s (Maybe 04 up?) has the DCCD adjustment. You can manually change the power transfer to the front or the rear. You can make it full front wheel drive if you want, or full rear wheel drive from what I understand.

I believe in 04/05 the most you can achieve is a 65/35 R/F split and it’s not possible to direct full power to the rear. I admittedly may be wrong, just the way I understand it. I don’t know about 06+.

STi

While you can adjust front/rear torque split you can not go 100% to either end. First year USDM STi’s had the broadest available torque split, at 35/65% front/rear. Later models had less of a spread available, though I don’t recall the numbers off the top of my head and which year that spread reduced. Regardless, 65% rear was the max ever in a USDM STi.

-TJ

I thought that if you put the parking brake up one click it would go 100% RWD? Might have just been something my friend made up though.

Can’t go wrong with either car IMO. Drive both, think about your goals for each car & how much it will cost to get you there.

Neither, They both look like they have down syndrome.

“hello pot, this is kettle… you are black”

drop both and get on the waiting list for the new camaro…

:rofl:

x2

so what select few of gm vehicles do you like. all you do is talk **** on gm and act like ford is the greatest thing ever

So far I think his list is basically my Z06. Haha.

-TJ