STI or GTO? PLEASE HELP!

since the american auto market is failing, I say go jap :smiley:

Since the GTO is from Australia and all.

I got the Gto and my grand prix look alike runs 11.40s with simple boltons. I yet to see a Sti run that good. Plus the gto is cheaper to build and you will breakless and get more power i had a subaru turbo and had more money in it than the goat and it doesn’t compare to the Gto.

and his is only the ls1 gto!

What kind of go fast mods do you have? Nice times.

STi

GTO

GTO

GTO or a 2000 SS camaro if you are interested lots of fun bolt ons… ok back to our regularly scheduled program.

GTO

3600 stall, Sw Headers catt less with FLowmaster 40’s, Cam 224/230 cam, K&n cold air, Proff throttle body and intake, HP Tuners tuned by Pewter from JJ’S, and a NX 100 Shot.

STI. more practical, better handling, more fun to drive in general. my friend just got an 05 gto. not as impressive as i thought it would be. any car with mods can go fast. stock for stock i would rather have good power, good handling, and good gas mileage.

Sam tuned it,not me!:spank:

LOL!!! since when is a Cam, Nitrous and a stall a simple bolt on???

haha. this “simple bolt ons” list reminds me of quik’s “stock” mustang…

if your times are accurate, i’m guessing the two cars are a pretty evenly matched. i would say sti’s with similar mods would run similar times.
it seems like sti’s with intake, down pipe, exhaust, and tune are seeing mid/low 12’s so i’m guessing with a few more of your “simple” bolt ons they could probably be in the 11.40’s range.

a “simple” turbo upgrade.

I was thinking the same thing! Regardless those are still some nice times.

Thanks… But i doubt it why isnt there any at the track then. With a tune, exaust and stickys the ls1’s see mid 12’s with a good driver.

Iv driven a 06 GTO and i have an 06 WRX.they feel and drive completely defferent.I didnt realize that and AWD stick feels much more different then a RWD or FWD.It wasnt bad thing and it doesn take long to get used 2.The GTO rides better IMO.the WRX/STIs handle better.Something u might want to look into.if u dont plan to go nuts on mods get a 06-07STI and subaru will allow you to extend the factory warrenty from 3yr-36k to 6yr-80k for roughly 1k.But if you plan to change turbos and go nuts then that wouldnt be for you.I think the best thing you can do is just go test drive each.I came from F-bodies myself and unfortunetly went against my dads wishes and bought a japanese car but o well im paying for it and he can deal with it.I wasnt sure if i really wanted it untill they let me take it home for the night and it was just a blast to drive and even my dad cant lie he enjoys going through the corners with it as well.So best advice i can give u is you need to drive both.because when your payment is due you dont want to have to pay for something that you DONT enjoy.