Sti vs. Evo

it seems to pose itself as if it wasnt

i mean 4g63 awd, nuff said

ok so someone let me take an EVO for a spin, have never driven one :slight_smile:

I agree with all the Hybrid guys.

Daily driver, STi

Daily driver that you want to drive it like it’s intended ALL THE TIME, EVO.

Sometime I do with I had an STi for the uneventful drives to work, but when I leave work and it’s a mad race to get home (Figuratively speaking), I am glad I have an EVO.

No tbashing the STi at all, but it is more “civilized” than the EVO.

An Evo will be my next new(er) car. I almost bought one instead of the tC, and before I spent an assload on my Talon. Could of afforded it, definitely wanted it, just didn’t like what would of happened to the warranty once I started playing with it. (bye bye)

They are pretty evenly matched from the factory. Are you gonna drive it all year? If so sti, i drive mine in everything and love it. I would love an evo 9 but who knows that subaru has planned for the 08 redesign. If you want to drive an sti go to buffaloscooby.com and ask nicely.

Just do what I do, spend a couple days taking all your shit off, when something major breaks. If its small, then forget it, I will cover it. You pay to play.

My vote: Evo, think its a better value IMHO. Sti’s are a bit more expensive also. But I would love to have an STi as a daily and a modded evo for the fun toy.

I drive mine everyday, its got quite a few miles on it now and at times I think its a bit harsh for a dialy, but then I take a spirited ride to work/home and remind myself why I bought it.

Jeller

i LOVE the sound of that subby thump

i’m sold just on the sound of the scooby. when the focus lease is over thats what I am looking for

I would say STI but I have never been in an EVO soo i dunno.

lol, that was funny. :tup:

farting noises to Mitsubishi.

You really can’t lose with either one.

I do love Scoobys though.

:lol:

I picked neither, just because both of them are a little too track oriented for my taste in a daily driver. If I could afford to have one as a 3rd car though I’d pick the EVO.

Good point the engine is pretty cool sounding… As long as you don’t get equal legnth headers.

Word.
At idle you would think a Subaru is about to die, but at WOT the thing sounds insane. Flat-4’s are hot.

word to what everyone says about if you want to mod it definitely go evo unless you like to throw away money :stuck_out_tongue:

daily driver it’s a toss up, they will both be awesome… I went STi just due to personal preference knowing full well I wouldn’t be modding it more than exhaust and maybe reflash (because im a Boy Racer). I like how the STi looks, sounds, feels, but granted i’ve never owned an evo so I can’t compare - just about everyone and their mother agrees that the evo is a better handling car but I am sure that if you’re not modding it and daily driving it, you’re not ever going to need the difference.

edit: oh yea, also I didn’t feel like dealing with mitsubishi “reliability” either… that also helped in my decision. (now i will wait for the evo nutsuckers to say STi’s break more)

I don’t know about the STI but my Evolution was 100% reliable.
I put 44000 miles on it and most of those miles had hp that most Subys dream about.:smiley:

Why is the STI more civilized?
My car had the stiffer suspension(2003) and it was a great daily driver.
The only thing it lacked was cc.
The STI doesn’t even come with a radio, does it?

The first one didn’t. They do now.

Correct 04 it was an option, 05 and up comes with a 5 disc changer.

Funny Ive been debating to my self about these 2, and a normal DD (MAZDASPEED6), For insurence resones aparently the STI is the cheapest… (well for me), Ive never driven an STI, I drove an Evo about 3 years ago about the time I bought the mini. But over all I LOVE the look of EVO, altho personaly I want to find one with the OZ wing…