Supercharger or Turbo

B18C1 supercharged or Turbo

how much power do you want? what do you use the car for?

Does not compute without more information.

NA baby

Honestly the car is just my summer car so I prolly drive it 4 or 5 month if that a year and idk what i want for power goals i am think 300 cause its front wheel drive and i am thinking of auto crossing it

Here the specs of that car so you guys can help me out
97 Acura Integra GSR b18c1
Full 3 inch pipe to a magnaflow muffler
headers
hi flow cat
kms valve train
Aem intake
buddy club cam gears
thats pretty much whats done to it because last year i had put a shit load of money in to the suspension
I honestly haven’t messed around with b18 other than one build so i need some help with people that have work with the b18

3" exhaust for a <200hp 1.8 liter? WTF?

Hey its a full stainless steel exhaust that was given to me my one of my buddy’s that totalled his shit

Yea that is killing your power if any thing

What size do you think is good? 2.5 or 2

2.25-2.5 if its an na car

Superchargers are just silly for daily driving antics.

if you slap a turbo in there 3" will do you nice. prolly sounds like shit right now though lol

Actually it doesn’t sound bad at all it doesn’t have that Honda rasp which i fucking hate and it really quite at idle until you punch it of course but when i get back from cancun ill post a video up

log or short ram manifold and t3t04e 50-57 trim should get you close to 300whp. This will stay as cheap and as light as possible for great fun and auto X purposes. Keep boost low for auto x. If youre going for boost keep the 3". If NA then 2"-2.5" will get some torque back.

you want quick spooling between shifts and bottom end grunt (lol forgot its a honda).

Small frame turbo or a supercharger with enough flow and pulley size to put you in the power range you want. 300hp is still going to spin rather easy on a fwd. If the small turbo spools fast, like 2000 rpm the tq onset will be a lot and might break the tires loose if it doesn’t ramp up smooth. So my bet would almost be supercharger because it can have a smooooth curve of power which is more drivable and more consistent. not having to worry about harshly hitting power from a turbo to break traction or shift weight fast in the car will let you focus on hitting turns correctly.

^ fo showw. Smaller turbo that spools quick would be better, especially for auto crossing. Also, I don’t know shit about turbos so take it fwiw.

finding a cheap jackson racing supercharger might be the easiest and cheapest, id rather that for a small auto x course tbh. but youd prob be around the low 200whp area with that tho… so if you really want a 300whp teg then id go with a small cheap turbo setup. and plz remember that either way you go, dont cheap out on getting the car tuned

blowers fucking suck. imo.

3" exhaust? holy shit. 3" doesnt even sound good on my car. Im sure it sounds like a wet fart under water.