Teen accidentaly shoots himself in the head.

… After his manhood is challenged on video chat.

BELIEVING he was handling an unloaded gun, an 18-year-old accidentally shot himself in the head during a webcam chat early Wednesday when the person on the other end of the conversation challenged the teen’s manhood, police said.

To make matters worse, the teen’s two brothers — one of whom is just 13 — were in the room when the shooting occurred, said East Detectives Capt. John Gallagher.

As of Wednesday night, the teen, whom police did not identify, was brain-dead and in extremely critical condition at Temple University Hospital.

What a dear mistake to make. I feel for the parents the most in this situation.

Must have been an ugly scene to wake up to.

I always feel bad in gun accidents like this… firstly for the family, I belive everyone should have proper gun saftey classes in schools, gun owners or not it is valiuble common knowledge that everyone should have on how to respect all firearms!!! Teach kids at a young age, guns ARE NOT toys!!! an always treat them as they are loaded! Its sad to see kids losing there life over something as easy to explain…

If he was stupid enough to even play with a gun like that , he basically got what he deserved . It’s not like he was a 6 yr old that don’t know . Hell my 4 yr old checks every gun he shoots !

That’s when the teen picked up his older brother’s gun and, believing it was unloaded, put it to his head and pulled the trigger, police said.

I don’t own guns, so I am not sure about the law. Aren’t they suppose to locked in a safe or something and supposed to be unloaded when not use?? or does every gun owner have a loaded gun laying around in their house for anyone to pick up?

Unless this guy “steal” the gun from his brother locked safe. I call involuntary man slaughter on his brother.

Eddie Eagle

Enough said

There are no laws concerning storage of firearms inside the home in NYS. Dunno about where they were located though. People are supposed to use common sense at some point in their life.

Chances are that the gun is his brother’s every-day carry gun that he walks around with. I don’t know any that carries that doesn’t have it loaded with a round in the chamber, ready to go in any situation. In this situation, that didn’t work out too good though. Should he have unloaded it at home? Maybe. That’s not for us to decide.

Brother shouldn’t get any charges brought upon him. His brother was 18, and it’s his own fault (or his parents) for not knowing proper gun handling and safety.

In the article it states that everybody including the brother thought it was unloaded.

Brother bought it a month ago. Was still in the box in his room.

Not everybody knows gun safety, even many gun owners dont handle guns properly and there is always family around that doesn’t know how to handle a gun. With that said however they also know not to touch them.

grow up, stop passing the buck…his brother didn’t pull the trigger and to even think of charging the brother is a fucking joke. I swear to christ noone can take responsibility for anything they do these days. Clearly the fault of the person who pulled the trigger and somehow you try to blame someone else.

I don’t agree he necessarily got what “deserved” he made a silly mistake unfortunatley one of which theres no coming back from.

Yes because you for a fact the kid was taught gun safety dont you??? Which in turn goes back to the brother or parents for being irresponsible with guns in the house.

Let me make this clear, it doesn’t matter what fucking age you are a gun is not a FUCKING TOY, and this is a prime example of what happens when proper safety /storage in a household is not used.

this this and more this

What the fuck…

:banghead

You will find that the majority of people who believe in 2nd amendment rights and the right to defend themselves do. I personally keep my 870 tac loaded but with no round in the chamber. Therefore it is within easy reach in the unlikely event it is needed, but can’t missfire. It’s a sad turn of events but the kid should have cleared the chamber before doing anything else and you always treat a firearm as if it is loaded.

Exactly, every dumb fuck out there shouldn’t touch the god damn thing if they don’t have a clue how to use it properly or be safe with one.

That’s like me coming over to your house and jumping on your bike because you left the key in the ignition in your garage and me riding through your neighbors car and killing myself. Should you be charged even though I had no clue how to ride or had any safety training, and I was considered a fucking adult??? Didn’t think so.

Clear cut case of irresponsibility and lack of knowledge on the shooters case here. He should not have been handling the handgun if he didn’t know it wasn’t unloaded, period. Blaming others for someone’s elses misuse of a firearm is not the answer here. I keep my firearms loaded, or with loaded mags ready to go.

Many think they’re all on the up and up in terms of proper handling of firearms but many of them even fall short. Here’s one for you: Buddy of yours comes over to meet up for a day at the range. You notice hes’s carrying his new CC handgun and you ask if you could see it. He unholsters it and goes to hand it to you…what is the very first thing you do in this scenario???

This is a sad thing yes, but the one at fault here is the one that thought holding a handgun would make him more of a man, and the one that ultimately pulled the trigger. Him and only him.

Why the hell is your 4 year old shooting guns? That is irresponsible parenting at its best!! A 4 years old is too young to be handling a weapon of that magnitude!

No reason why Jon and his kid can’t go shooting if Jon is supervising him and using proper safety practices. They make youth rifles for a reason.

stupidity level: over 9000.

No reason why Jon and his kid can’t go shooting if Jon is supervising him and using proper safety practices. They make youth rifles for a reason.[/QUOTE]

Yea they make youth riffles not toddler riffles

A gun is not a weapon until it is being treated as such.

I could throw a football at someone’s face… Then it becomes a weapon. Same principle applies to firearms.

Not really irresponsible, but educating him at a young age at what a firearm is capable of, respect for the firearm, and how to properly handle the gun. If kids learn from a young age what guns can do by hands on experience it prevents accidents like the one in the original post in this thread.

I have enough firearms under my bed to supply a small African country but none of them have any rounds in the chamber. Like Adam said, I get nervous as fuck when some people start moving guns around or pointing them where they shouldn’t be and you have no idea they’re loaded or not. Most of my friends carry with a full mag and a round in the tube and always properly clear the weapon before someone else handles the gun. Even if you know a gun is unloaded ALWAYS treat it like it could go off without warning.