this should not be allowed

vid aint fuckin working

yes it is.

shut up bitch your mom shoulda swallowed.

ya knowing that a cop(uc) was not only going to give me a ticket I would stop(knowing they were going to confiscate my car) that I would let it happen.

STFU make yourself useful and drive into a tree,
If they did this in all cases, alot more people would run in return causing a TON more civilian/police conflict.
NOT A GOOD IDEA, put me on a liter bike and see if I stop knowing your going to keep it.

cops lose or I win/ the end

this was a lil diff. the cars his dad had wre taken from drug busts, not street racing. and any car he had was not equiped with all the lights and sirens if i remember correctlly.

Lol at that police station.

Now everybody in that area knows what cars not to race. And you cant even really use the excuse that they may have others, because they specifically stated that only those 2 were converted.

But while i understand that it’s the best way to catch them, it’s also the best way to cause more accidents. They aren’t going to pull you over if your not going fast. They want to catch you doing the worst thing they can, which means they are right next to you doing the same thing.

I’m also not sure why they couldn’t possibly be sued for entrapment. Not sure if it’s right or not (found out most of the stuff wasn’t) but in my drivers ed class, my teacher said that Cops aren’t allowed to do anything to entice you to break the law. And if i see a car like this speed by, i’ll admit i would wanna run with it. but w/e. Thats why, most of the time, i do it in the back woods where there isn’t a house for a mile. Just deer.

Ha I think it is pretty cool. Good way to make use of dumb shits cars.

nice cobra :tup:

check your facts. it was a murder victims. donated by the family.

<– put the graphics on it.

thats not entrapment (I believe), if he told you that he wouldn’t arrest you for doing so, and then did… then it would be entrapment.

I agree BUT…

It is not totally fair to compare these two.
Don’t get me wrong, I have full-on road rage when old people do stupid things but, they are just living their lives.
Street racing is totally unnecessary.
You could make the argument that horses are safer than cars so we should stop driving but, the vast majority of people agree that cars are necessary.
Good luck finding a majority that think street racing is a good, necessary thing.
In other words society accepts certain risks.
Street racing is not one of them.
My 2 cents.

Very well put.

Another way to look at it, 16-21 year olds cause way more accidents than the eldery, so maybe they shouldn’t be allowed to drive either. At some point though you just have to accept the risk. There is no reason to accept the risk from street racing, no matter what the risk is statistics wise, because it’s an illegal activity.

That said, if my car every got confiscated and turned into an undercover cop car I’d make sure to always carry the keyless entry remote. If my car ever pulled me over I’d lock the stupid cop out of his car. You know they always leave them running with the keys in them when they walk up to your car. :slight_smile:

GENIUS!!

I don’t think I’d pull over for a modded looking 350Z or mustang. I’d assume it was some asshole with strobe lights and just go on with what I was doing till a marked car showed up.

Have fun in jail then. The only people who legally can’t use undercover cars for traffic enforcement in NYS are the State Police. That was one of the first laws Pataki signed after being sworn in. By refusing to stop for one of the many local jurisdictions that use undercover cars you are evading and you’re going to end up with a whole lot of charges.

If your car gets impounded (taken away) by the cops for street racing then legally you no longer own the car correct? (they take the car regardless of the title). With that being said, what happens to the lein on the car? Are you then free of payments? Just a thought…

Jeller

Imagine the hilarity that would ensue with someone trying to impound/repo the car from the police.

AWDrifter and JayS…

while i don’t think streetracing is a good thing, it just seems like the larger, further reachin problems should be tackled first.

Exactly, I am thinking that if my car was taken, I would sign the title over to the prosecting police dept and say “here ya go, btw I still owe a ton of loot on it and got a shitty intrest rate too” LOL have fun. :rofl:

Jeller

1. buy new GTR @ 15% APR
  2. remove drivetrain, replace w/ ka24de out of a 240sx
  3. pay some bum $1000 to streetrace the car.
  4. laugh while you spank the cop’s KA powered GTR that they’re making outlandish payments on in your ballin ass GTR powered 240sx.
  5. ???
  6. profit

hmmmmmm… not a bad idea