this should not be allowed

I can see this going real bad… The officers now have high hp vehicles to go and chase other high hp vehicles that were racing. That will end with some carnage unless they have a no high speed chase policy.

Personally, I have noticed that many policemen are not the greatest of drivers…I wouldnt trust them with 500hp cars.

And, like someone said before, I’d never pull over. I’d think it was someone fucking with me. AND, being that I own a wrx…I;d just pull down a dirt field and laugh that the mustang couldn’t chase me because he’s too low.

if they had no high speed chase policy…why do they need these fast cars?
I agree with you though…
It’s pretty much: 2 wrongs don’t make a right. Where as: (wrong= high hp cars)

they are not targeting street racers, an old lady driving down the wrong side of the thruway is just as likely to get pulled over as someone running a red light or street racing. Id rather see the cops beating on an impounded mustang then a car that was paid for out of the budget.

You’re still responsible to the debt, even though you no longer have physical possession of the collateral.

You mean that Congress should be focusing on somethin other then Baseball & Football scandals? :mamoru:

Vote getting…

but if they’re taking it and you stop paying on it, they’ll want to repossess their car, wont they? Actually, is this even legal? Technically as long as a lean is on the car, no matter who’s name is on the title, the bank should still own it, right?

I wonder if anyones ever challenged it before

Exactly what I am getting at. The repo would be funny as hell.

how should this be bullshit? isnt street racing against the law??? they are cops so they are prepping themselfs to enforce the law…

Get one of those sneaky impound guys that follows the cop around til he leaves to get coffee and donuts, comes back out and the cars gone. Got repoed.

HAHAHA

They would no longer be allowed to repo it. The bank would pretty much consider it the same as if you wrecked it in some uninsured way (like at a track day). The debt is still 100% yours even though the car is gone.

dawt.

Although, I’m not clear on where the ownership of the collateral xfers to the police authority… I assume that it does.

The debt remains yours. Instead of being able to repo the collateral to cover themselves, they will be forced to come after you wholly, as with a credit card or similar.

I bet in big cities people will make fake “cop cars” and use them to jack cars. or at least I hope so, so this program gets botched.

also wtf could be “illegal” on these cars?

I’m throwing blue lights on the vette and I’m pulling over ever car I see that I like and I’m impounding it. I will have my passenger take the thus past mentioned impounded car to a huge barn in a secret location. I will then proceed to buy the same model car wrecked and swap the vins.

Watch out for a fleet or hot cars in my yard.

On a Serious note:

1. Cops generally can’t drive crown vics/suburbans, what makes you think they can drive these cars? [At least the one cop knows how to drive 5 speed][The troopers that used to drive the 5 speed foxes and the 6 speed camaros used to be good drivers i hear]

2. If this is the case that the cops impound the cars, people will just start racing stolen cars. That way when they take them you only loose your mods. Even then you might be able to sneak into the impound fast and pull off your blower.

3. I’m going to street race old cop cars.

4. Install a hidden door unlock button somewhere under the car and wire it into the harness. That way if they do take your car, you can easily get it back.

5. It seems like they are just pushing serious street racers to become harder criminals, and making a “fun sport” into a far greater crime. I see these people stealing cars, bringing guns, etc.

6. I got my car back yesterday yippppy

That would make me sick if I owned the car that got impounded but on the other hand; it would make me very happy if I was the police officer that got to patrol with that car.

hahaha i actually saw this back in my old go to canada days…about 5yrs ago

i was behind this POS conversion van at a light. to his right a little civic riced out. the kid lowers his window like “what…you wanna race…haha sure” light turns green and they both go. the civic was boosted but the van kept up.

Up until over the speed limit then the van dropped back and…BAM hits the blue lights to pull the kid over.

We drove by LAUGHING our ass’s off.

we were coming back from daily.

what will happen is the bank will sue you. they will win. then they garnish your wages until the vehicle is paid off. thats what happens when the repo a car and the determined value is less then the amount the loan is for.

Okay new idea…

-Car gets impounded… shit… call car in stolen after the cops have impounded it. (obviously use a different police district).
-Get good lawyer to keep you from getting any tickets, this way insurance never finds out about the street racing…

Jeller

you don’t think different districts communicate about stuff like that? i would think they must share some common database.

i dont think they do. jeller has a good scam lol. tust me if you had your car imponded in amherst i gaurantee they would not report it till morning. so call the sheriff

I would assume that once you’re arrested for street racing, calling it in stolen (after the arrest time stamp) would not play out well for you.

:eyebrow: