To Ilya: PC vs. Mac debate/contest/benchmarks

Spybot is only run once in a blue moon for the hell of it. Really is no different or worse from Malware Bytes. I mainly use the Immunize feature of Spybot because I use IE for certain things and you can never trust IE. The immunizations edit the host file to prevent some things from f’in up the machine, etc.

I rely on CCleaner’s registry cleaner the most. It’s a nice quick tool to cleanup temp files, etc. Disk Cleanup is nowhere near as thorough as CCleaner.

Why is it bad to defrag once a month? I’m not defragging my SSD, and my 2TB drive is constantly having data written/taken off from it so stuff gets fragmented pretty quick. On any given month, I get about 20% fragmentation. Couple gigs worth (all my media files).

As for Zone Alarm, I only use it for increased firewall control for my games that try to talk to the interwebz, etc. I know I could use Windows Firewall, but honestly, in Vista/W7…that firewall setup is much more clunky than what it used to be in XP…so thus I use ZoneAlarm for one off applications like blocking Adobe from talking to license servers, etc. Matter of personal preference.

If I didn’t have any apps like that, I wouldn’t even bother with it. Just makes it a little easier.