To Ilya: PC vs. Mac debate/contest/benchmarks

I’m welcomed right in there with my Armani Exchange prescription glasses! FML for having impaired vision.

Nice score Nolan!

I have a lot of ammo for this, I often practice all these lines on my Apple loving wife. :rofl

How does she come back at a bro?

She bashes Android constantly. I chalk it up to sheer ignorance. :lol

My getting close to a year old (May 2011) iMac 27" i7 3.4:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2277/screenshot20120103at120.png

My June 2011 MacBook Air 11" i5 1.6ghz:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2277/screenshot20120103at120.png

I benchmarked my cock and got 9000

Using which benchmarking tool? Let’s see her!

No 5ghz no care.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

:shifty

This mothafuka with 12 threads!

The force is strong with this one.

Me coming into this thread is like a 14 year old girl trying to talk about cars to 50 year old drag racers. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

I’ll take my iMac, iPad, iPod any day of the week just in terms of the user friendly aspect.

Apple for fun.
PC’s for work.

Unless it’s photo work :slight_smile:

True.
Rarely does it break a sweat with large file size photos.

No offense to the regular PC/Mac users but I want it to be clear that I am not a “typical” Mac user and actually know the inner workings of a computer/PC. I’ve been assembling an repairing PC’s for well over 10 years and only last year switched to the dark side. I just want the record to be set straight.

Also, upgrading a PC is child’s play compared to upgrading an iMac. Think taking apart a laptop X10!

Yours truly upgrading to an SSD:

I used to re-format my windows PC every 3-6 months just to keep it running smooth. I’ve owned the mac since June and have formatted it once only to install a clean copy of Lion. I love how much less hassle it is. At this point in my life, the tinkering with a PC means much less to me. I just want to turn it on, browse the web, look at pretty pictures/videos and edit said pictures/videos. The Mac does it, and does it well.

listen just because the picture is from the chest up don’t think you’re fooling us. We all know you got skinny jeans on under that table there.

Still no luck. Changed the option. Closed PS.

Open image in PS…get .05s.

Drag action onto image - get parser error. Drag action onto Photoshop Icon…it installs it but I have no clue how to get to it (I’m not a Photoshop pro or use it extensively to automate crap, etc.)

Why? I can run the same copy of Windows for a year+ before I feel like reformatting (feel being the keyword).

Spybot + CCleaner (every day on start) + Defraggler (basic on startup and actual defrag once a month) = PC running awesome for months and months.

Avast Anti-Virus for AV, ZoneAlarm for Firewall.

My OS = Winning
MY hardware = used to be winning, needs an update which is in the works for 2012

Console TV FTMFW!