Tokyo Drift Impressions????

THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, SO IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE MOVIE, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!

What did u guys think of Tokyo Drift? I really enjoyed it. It was nice that they didn’t try to squeeze in a “Cops n Robbers” plot this time. The driving/drifting scenes were cool. Can’t believe that kid was willing to wreck his Viper in order to win a race!!! It was cool they let Rhys Millen keep his RMR logo on the red EVO. Also nice to see Vin Diesel show some love to the franchise.

Didn’t think it was too bad
better than i expected it to be

definitely the best out of the 3 so far… this one was actually somewhat realistic. instead of the ever so long drag races in the first and second one. It had all the qualitys of a good movie. It had my attention the whole time and I was entertained.

The plot was a bit bland, but the movie in general was pretty good. The actors weren’t any better than the first two movies, but again, not bad. I think the first F&F was the best, the 2nd sucked, and this was a 8/10. You have to accept the fact that it is F&F before you go see it, don’t expect a full realistic movie.

It would’ve been much better if i had a chance to see it.lol. I tried going in the same section as you guys but it was sold out. Oh well i’m going to go some other time. I did get a chance to meet some members though.:burnout: :burnout:

it was worth $9.75 to see all the fine azn bizhes.

Going into the movie after i parked i saw no less than 4 SRT-4s, and one HUGELY gay cavalier. That alone got me in the correct mind set to watch a ricer flick.

After nearly freezing to death watching the thing (theatre was cold) I was very impressed with the whole movie. Lots and lots of volks, toyo and veilside stickers but the cars where great.

After the show i came out to find a yellow evo parked next to my black one. Between decent movies and the local car scene i think there is hope for our automotive generation yet.

Wow $9.75. What theater charges that much for tix? I didn’t think Loews was that much.

I liked it alot better than the previous 2… Oh and i watched it for free:)

i havent seen it, and probably will not see it till it hits DVD or is on TV

i liked it.at the end it killed me when he told vin that this is no 10 second race :rofl:

i liked how the real “drift king” made a cameo as the fisherman…
mr. tyscheai <damn i butcherd the name>
he was also the tech advisor for all the drifting and also they got low paid actors so they could spend the majority on the cars and driving/driftin scenes…also glad it had almost zero computer made car scenes…the real thing wins everytime.

Yea i must say that i actually like it and i think it was better than the 2nd one.

Im suprised at your opnion… before this movie came out, I always said, someone would have to pay me to go see this movie. I never ever liked the original F&F, the only thing it did for me was push up the value of my car. I think someone needs to come out with a realistic movie about import racing. If Whitey says its a 1/2 decent movie, maybe I will have to go see it :mullet:

keep in mind that whitey drinks a lot… :kekegay: :boink

shit… i totally forgot… guess ill have to sit this one out :bash:

Prob gonna wait for rental…it is pretty bad when that is the best car movie out…I know movies are always gonna target what’s “in”…but those cars are so gay. Why cant there be a car movie that isnt gay?

The RX7 was nice.:burnout: :burnout:

Dont get me wrong some of the cars were nice…but a lot were so rice and the movies are sooo cheesy…like floor pans falling out when you hit the nawz, overnighting parts from japan, jumping onto boats, ect. I just wish there was a cool car movie out that wasnt total gayness

yah… not so much gay shit like that in this movie. Cars were not to ricey either…