Trooper Checkpoint on Route 7 Today

theres whats called illegal and on and close to being illegal ( close doesnt count) there is no specific decibel level for whats too loud of an exhaust. The meters the measure the tint are close but not exact when it comes to measure the restriction of sunlight. same thing for “K” band radar that should be outlawe its so inaccurate! k band is based on a solid fixed object like a tree the waves bounce off, and the mean (avg) time the triggers held or being measured and the fastest speed! And just cuz it (vehicle) catches attention or stands out doesnt mean police should be able to pick on that one vehicle more or be more anal about it, plus if you roll down your window and they see a kid verse adult the polices view is different and whether they were pissed off that day or were laid back… people like you piss me offense no offense :Idiots

Its like getting on a plane.

Who are they more likely to search? The old lady or the middle eastern guy with a turban on his head?

Willing to bet granny isnt as much of a potential threat as Abdul is.

what makes you think that way… the media, the joke of they’ve done it before. I bet grannies done it before but the media never covered that or blew it off and just because I steal a candy bar yesterday doesnt mean Ill do it today or tommorow! relating that back to young driver verse older drivers!:banghead

I dont think a granny ever hijacked a plane with a box cutter and flew it into a building.

I agree. gotta give it to you on that one… +rep

Are you fucking kidding me? You are a complete moron. First off your tint comment, inaccurate or not when they check how many times do people get pulled over for tint and its within 5% of the legal limit…ABSOLUTELY NONE! And how many times have you been pulled over for speeding and the speed the officer told you is way the fuck off? Because I have had my fair share of speeding violations and the cop was dead on each time. Cops can pick any vehicle they want to pick on if it looks suspicious or obnoxiously loud. And maybe they look at kids more then adults but if you know that don’t give them more of a reason to give you a problem. You could just grow up quit crying about being picked on by the cops! There’s laws for a reason (nobody gives a fuck if you like them or not) if you choose to break them in any way shape or form, suck it the fuck up and deal with the consequences.

:banghead

People like you are the reason cops give kids/young adults a reason to pull over and give a hard time.

Whoa dont get your panties in a wadd. I never had a ticket myself besides one warning… im just saying there the law and then theres how cops interpret the law and on all three scenarios… tint (within 5% and the machine can be off 5%), speed measured with k band (might be dead nuts one time and wrong the next google and research how radar works) and loud exhaust (no specific decibel level) theres people i personally know who fought those situations and got the ticket THROWN OUT! not reduced but tossed because they argued the same points I explained prior then throw in the age fact and that spells “RANDOM” who is the cop gonna pick on next…

mm fail NYS doesn’t have a set db level. it’s left up to cop ultimately if he feels it’s too loud or not.:retardclap:Idiots. the retard clap is for the offsniffer not u by the way.

my shit is all totally legal and i avoid that shit like the black plague or now days like the swine flu. YES YES IDO have a problem with authority people
so rather than put myself in a situation were i need to talk to Mr. Dickhead i avoid it.

Understood but the people you personally know who fought a ticket for tint, exhaust or speeding and got it thrown out, didn’t they spend more money with lawyer fees then the fine itself? The only situation that would make sense to me is if it was speeding or any violation that involves points.

I’m not trying to be a dick but why do you have a problem with people in positions of authority? Because I know a lot of people who say that, but if they were the person in that position of authority they wouldn’t be saying that.

My shits all legal, but I still prefer not having to deal with checkpoints. I have spent enough time in DMV paying for reg and title, and insurance that I dont need the extra hassel from a cop that just wants to bust my balls for his pride.

I was told by a NY State Trooper friday night that ANY aftermarket exhaust is ILLEGAL in NYS.

It’s just up to the officer’s discretion to give you a ticket or not, there’s no need for a dB limit because only oem exhausts are ‘legal’.

Correct!

Click it or Ticket.

Click it or revenue for the town should be the slogan. :lol

^^^ seriously… why don’t they step up fixing the fucking roads for instance, instead of the inspection, seatbelt, etc bullshit… oh i know… CAUSE FIXING THE ROADS MEANS THEY HAVE TO SPEND MONEY… GOD FORBID.

Some roads are really bad around here like route 20 in Guilderland. Patching is only temporary.

i love the “patch of a patch of a patch” shit… fucking retarded…

theyve done it by my house before and we lifted the patches up by hand.

They paved on my street, in Coby recently… But why do they drop those washers into the pavement while its still hot, then leave them when its done? I mean like nuts and bolts washers?

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=9784 I also spotted one