Water or Coke?

“Water sucks! It really really SUCKS!!!”

Your body water contains 0.9% sodium numb nuts!l

The sodium in bottled water is there for taste. It’s also in such small quantities that its nutritionally negligible.

thats nice but

that disproves it all :rofl

Thats not what I’m saying, the sodium in most tap/bottled water somewhat counter balances the water your intaking, keeping your cells from swelling up with to much water. Distilled water has no sodium in it at all, causing your cells to fill up more than capacity.

Ever take distilled water vs tap water to plant cells under a microscope? Same concept.

It’s negligible. The amount of sodium in bottled water is like 2-10mg per 500ml. Diet soft drinks have 4x+ that. And these arent even sodium-rich foods. Seriously, the sodium intake from bottled water vs distilled is insignificant considering you get several thousand mg’s of it from food every day.

Potassium and vitamins is what fuels intracellular hydration. Your body wont hydrate itself properly without plenty of those two and sodium.

And the facepalm wave had me :rofl

some kids when i was in hs used to have water races. they would drink 10+ bottles of water during lunch, apparently they would get “drunk” off water. :wierd

i need to drink more water.

When I lived in AZ (fucking hot lol), I’d literally go weeks w/o drinking water, relying on soda for hydration. I’d shit about once every 5 days in pain…foolish.

if youre not drinking 10 canteens a day, you obviously arent PT’ing enough!!!

Watching people puke at meals because they could not get down the required water was amusing. I do believe that they put saltpetre in the food/drinks, though.

yeah i heard that. wouldnt doubt it one bit.

I wasent suprised to not get wood for a week or so (stress, etc), but when it’s 5 weeks…man. lol.

Yea, because drinking nothing but 10 cans of soda is good for your body. Just because the Coke zero has zero calories, doesnt mean you should down 10 cans/day. The amount of sugar in it compared to water alone is the difference maker. If you drank 10 bottles of water/day instead of that coke, diet or not, you would have lost even more weight.

What amount of sugar? Last time I checked there was ZERO sugar in Coke ZERO, hence the ZERO in the title. I’m pretty sure caffeine and aspartame aren’t sugar. But that said, thanks for the info doc, I’ll start that up right away!

If you drank 10 bottles of water/day instead of that coke, diet or not, you would have lost even more weight.

Do you have some scientific evidence to back up this claim? I’d like to see it.

LOL @ “I drink soda instead of eating food and now I’m super healthy. It’s the greatest diet ever.”

I’m not sure if that’s directed at me or not, but I actually eat quite a bit during the day, and just happen to drink a lot of diet soda as well. I never wrote that I don’t eat.

Just because something doesn’t work for some doesn’t mean it won’t work at all. I’m not suggesting everyone should go out and buy cases of Coke zero, but it works for me, and my diabetes is even in check now since I’ve done it. My A1C (sort of a measure of blood sugar over time) is lower now than when I was diganosed w/type 2 diabetes 4 years ago. My symptoms of type 2 diabetes are all but gone, and if you or anyone you know has this disease you can understand that is a big deal. Successful dieting, however it’s done, is a hell of a lot cheaper than going to CVS every 2 weeks to get bent over for prescriptions, trust me.

I will stay with doing what has worked for me, soda and all.

:lol

I used to drink 4 or 5 20z bottles of Mt. Dew, Pepsi, or Cola every day. 3 weeks ago, I switched to water cold turkey and haven’t looked back since. I think I’ve had maybe 50oz of Soda in the last 3 weeks. MAYBE.