Weed Stocks & Investing Thread (And Cannabis Campus Buffalo)

I’ve been building a position in MJX because I think the hype about a crackdown is fake news.

MJX only holds the Canadian producers.

It does not hold any US based cultivators.

another big day today… Health Canada is now chucking out licenses at fever pitch.

imho this devalues the licenses somewhat but the momentum is still such that they surge the stock prices.

I have stacks in various pre-license plays. the guys who got licenses today are up 30%+.

yesterday was bad but today basically made up for it.

:clap:

BUT IMO just buy the component stocks of MJX instead.

Like Bing said, they’re all Canadian but you can find them OTC.

yeah if you download the CSV file here: http://www.mjxetf.com/fund/#quarter

all of the holdings at the bottom of the ETF are garbage tobacco stocks.

also, you dont get APH - Aphria as a part of the ETF and they are arguably the best one to hold.

I hold and am doing well on a lot that are not in that ETF… you’re getting tobacco instead. yuuuck

For the me what’s great about the ETF is that it is creating volume on the stocks i hold that are in it.

yeah, I looked at that when deciding if I wanted in. I’m just going for the easy conservative no effort win on this one.

there definitely has to be somewhat of a correction but everything in the ETF is alright.

there are a few stocks that are retardedly over-bought right now that are going to leave a lot of people holding the bag.

I believe BLOZF is one of them unless they release some real news. I’m just waiting for their final product to be ready and put into testing, fuck I’m so stoked.

for the life of my i do not understand why BLO is up this high… but then again, it is like the 4th stock i sold too soon to fuck me right?

I think they really have a revolutionary product, I mean well it is, only Hound Labs is the only competitor. The revenue increase from DUIs for smoking dope would be insane, and the cost savings for employers. Fucking crazy crazy crazy money.

My Canopy is up 333% LOLOLOLOLOL

Assuming states can agree on a legal limit, and pass it into law too. Have they figured out a way to relate the weed in your system to a particular body type? Different levels affect different people to different degrees.

I think they’ve going to do a standard, like for the drunks. I can have 3 beers and I’m wasted, my buddy has a 30 pack to himself and is kinda buzzed. So even if you’re totally fine being a big ass dude you can still get a DUI. I think it’ll have to be similar. A casual stoner vs a regular one, big diff.

Yeah that’s the rub. If you “blow” a high level of weed in your system, do you tell the cop “Don’t worry man, I’m a heavy user so it’s OK”. :slight_smile:

Lol is that what a regular drunk tells a cop?? haha

The company that brought us the first Marijuana ETF, horizons (HMMJ) is about to launch a juniors ETF that will launch on an exchange that allows it to hold US companies.

This will be a volume catalyst for the US cultivators. Might have to being spreading into the US before this goes live.

*edit, there is a paywall, here is the text:

CLARE O’HARA
WEALTH MANAGEMENT REPORTER
UPDATED JANUARY 10, 2018 FOR SUBSCRIBERS

Investors looking to jump into pot stocks may soon be able to do so with an additional Canadian-listed exchange traded fund that focuses on the marijuana industry.

Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. has filed a preliminary prospectus with regulators in hopes of launching a second marijuana-focused fund. It is looking to capture small-cap companies in the industry with the Horizons Marijuana Juniors ETF.

If approved, this will only be the second marijuana-focused ETF launched globally.

Horizons launched its first marijuana-focused ETF- the Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences Index ETF - last April. The fund, which goes by the ticker HMMJ- saw more than $100-million (Canadian) in assets under management (AUM) within the first month. It currently has $790-million in AUM.

Similar to HMMJ, the new fund will not come cheap with a management fee of 0.85 per cent.

With the ticker HMJR, the Horizons Marijuana Juniors ETF seeks to replicate the performance of the Solactive Junior Marijuana Growers Index. The Underlying Index is designed to provide exposure to the performance of a basket of primarily North American publicly-listed small-capitalization companies primarily involved in the cultivation, production, and/or distribution of marijuana.

This could include companies such as Marapharm Ventures Inc…

"With the growth of the industry we have seen many new companies come online from a capital markets perspective which allowed us to create an ETF that is going to be exclusively focused on marijuana producers and growers, " says Steve Hawkins, president and co-chief executive officer at Horizons ETFs . “So this fund – unlike HMMJ- will not include the bio-pharmaceutical and ancillary businesses of the sector.”

Similar to the gold sector in the United States, where there is the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) and the VanEck Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ), HMJR will focus more on small-cap, early stage marijuana companies.

“We believe this is an area that has significant growth prospects and where investors are looking for more specialized investment options,” says Mr. Hawkins.

If approved, HMJR will launch on the NEO exchange - another difference to Horizons’ first fund HMMJ which launched on the Toronto Stock Exchange. One reason for the switch is to allow for the inclusion of more Canadian listed operations that do a significant amount of business in the U.S.

In October, the TSX formally banned marijuana firms that breach U.S. federal drug laws from listing on its market. It is now reviewing its existing issuers and says it will delist any found to be offside its rules.

As a result, HMMJ doesn’t include shares of cannabis firms that do most of their business in the U.S. market, where the drug is legal in certain states but illegal under federal law.

reporting eligible holdings:

Abcann
Delta9
Emblem
Hydropothecary
ICC Labs
Marapharm (only US one)
Maricann
WeedMD

On Thursday morning, the New York State Assembly Standing Committees on Codes, Health, and Alcohol and Drug Abuse will convene a public hearing to discuss the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (MRTA), aimed to legalize the use, distribution, and production of cannabis for adults aged 21 and over.

and…

New Jersey governor-elect Phil Murphy doesn’t succeed Chris Christie until next week, but already his fellow Democrats have introduced legislation to achieve one of his campaign promises, legalizing marijuana.

Democratic state Sen. Nicholas Scutari introduced the measure allowing the recreational use of marijuana by those 21 and older on Tuesday, the same day the new session of the Democrat-led Legislature convened.

Time to open a weed shop in NY.

dude…

First off - My weed stocks took it in the butthole today.

2nd off - @Onyx_Z32 I always thought about that when it became legal. I’d be willing to go in five figures with someone.

same story.