What car is the 240s enemy?

Crown Vic’s

true that^^

240s are similar in some ways to Mustangs/Camaros. No V8 power, but the FR layout gives them a lot in common that way. Both pretty popular to modify and can both be made to be fast setups.

cop cars?

^repost (spilner)

16 year old owners?

stfu Cal-Soy.

240 doesnt compare to anything in my opinion… its slow… its rusty… but gosh darn i love it!

your wallet. . . ? always spending countless dollars on parts

According to Forza 2 it’s the Altezza…

i would say other 240s models.
the battle between s13 and s14 guys will continue on forever.

speed bumps.

really hard to say…not sure how you would categorize the 240sx or silvia models, but I think technically they are entry level sports cars, the 350z i would equate with a bit more of a GT sports car, and the skyline obviously the flagship performance monster…

so…if you’re following that train of thought, then competitors would be entry level sports cars that cost roughly the same. So for it’s time, I would say things like the probe, prelude, mx-6, eclipse, celica, possibly del sol, less likely the z24 cavalier, Eagle Talon, integra gs-r (possibly type R)…etc…

in most cases, the 240 was actually a flop compared to most of these cars in terms of sales. Most people opted for the fwd platform just due to fuel economy and DD capability. However, performance is another story…

always felt that nissan was too performance oriented…never really focused on consumer focused cars. But hey…that’s why I love nissan.

gotta love Nismo

i don’t really understand how people can think the RX7 wasn’t the obvious direct competition of the 240? they’re the same car.

both are rwd, most commonly available in hatchbacks with rare convertable models, both came N/A but had a turbo variant (though the 240’s turbo version wasn’t sold in this country). both came in automatic and standard, both were in the same price range, both came with similar standard and optional features. from the front they even look the damn same.

even after they were finished production they still have similar features… both rust out underneath, they’re worth about the same amount today… i could go on and on… only difference is that RX7s are becoming increasingly harder to find because of the weak motors. and the RX7 is a superior machine other than those damn spinning triangles…

depending on which platform you’re talking about if your using the rx7 as an example

the fc, i can see how that is related, but not the FD…and especially for the year. If you compare the model line up by year, from 1992, (starting with the FD) to say, 1994. You are now comparing the s13 & s14 to the FD model, and if you’re comparing price, you always go either by the MSRP price when the car first came into production, or the black book value if you’re looking at used vehicles.

With that being said, i would equate the rx7 to be roughly in the same class as the supra’s, 300zx, and 3000gt. (don’t quote me on this, but wasn’t this referred to as the era of the turbo war?) All of them had a base n/a model, and then if fully equipped came with a twin turbo model all roughly around the 280hp mark…and…all of them are roughly the same price (plus or minus some variability).

BMW E30, E36 etc… both FR, independant sus’, comparable weight and hp/tq
when it comes to the “M” 3 series only turbo ill compare.

not really a tru rival, the 240 is special. But dont spread the word or the value of these cars will go up and up

Mazda MX-5!!

probe because it looks like a hatch, and prelude (1st gens) because they look identical to a coupe.

Both are gay and give 240s a bad rap.