What do you want the Democrats to accomplish?

More taxes, larger welfare benefits, lower prison population which = more crime, more illegal immigration = more Democratic votes (same for the ex-convicts). Less military spending, more domestic terrorism (especially if a Dem wins the presdential election in '08) now that they have who they want in chrage. Expect just as much corruption, still no fix for social security.

I want Elliott Spitzer to do the same stuff he did before he was gov, but on a broader scale.

There is way to many stereotypes and prejudices here to make any real debate happen.

Republicans had there chance and failed. Lets see what the Democrats do.

For the last fucking time, BILL CLINTON HAD THE POWER TO VETO IT BUT DID NOT, HE WAS THE PRESIDENT, PASSED THE BILL, THUS IT’S HIS FAULT!!! Quit trying to play the blame game and justify something that fucked america because of your party.

:word: I agree with this 100%. I believe that is how the Govt should be run. I dont have any problems with religious people being in power, as I am a person of faith myself, but they should not push their beliefs on others.

Non partisan – I want Utopia. But we can dream, right?

Dear Santa,

• If a US Citizen is able bodied and of clinically sound mind – put them to work.

• Teach the children. Teach them that Doritos+Pepsi+Barney != childhood. Free up the Billions spent the obese, nicotine addicted, anti-social, offspring. Instead spend the man-hours & tax funds on teaching America’s one-night accidents how to contribute to the GDP. Please also teach them that broccoli > Lipitor.

• Socialized health-care? Sure, that’d be fun… but it shouldn’t be necessary. Teach people the difference between a Snickers and a turkey sandwich. Show them what inhalation of burning chemicals does to tissues.

• Teach adolescents (ages 8-18) that earning 1% on $500 checking account while paying 12% on a $20k boosted IS300 is not the definition of disposable income. This will go along way for the tax base & financial markets.

• Show me legislation or other government plan (local, state, and/or federal) to negate the trends of higher education costs. I don’t want to spend $60k/yr for tuition… albeit 19 years from now.

• If you’re an illegal alien, go home. Come back when you are willing to stand in line and pay taxes.

• Rewrite the tax codes, both private & corporate. It shouldn’t look like a bell-curve.

• Elected officials spend more time with constituents, less time with lobbyists & special interest groups. Not every Organization needs a personal congressman, nor a state funded kitty.

• Cap bullshit lawsuits that do nothing more then bogg down the judicial systems and make bottom feeders into the current day nuveau riche.

• If I believe in Gamblor, then so be it. Government has no place interfering in law-abiding religions (ask the pilgrims), and it damned sure has no place pushing it’s God-damned religion on me. Leave that to the cracked out man loving televangelists.

• If a same sex couple wants to get married, good for them. They can have a religious ceremony with unicorns for all I care, it’s their religious right (if the religion allows). The government’s place is to decide how to collect taxes from them, that’s it.

• Spend $5000 to arm 5 soldiers with a competent weapon and a reliable radio. Stop spending $5000 to arm 1 soldier with over engineered 007 tech, while arming the other 4 soldiers with a side arm and a $5 walkie-takie.

• There is no cold war. There may be one on the horizon, but not with a USSR level combatent. Start preparing for guerilla warfare, they aren’t just small brush fires in far away lands anymore… You front Yard is ablaze.

• Iraq – We are there, that’s not going to change. If we leave before the Iraqi’s are “ready”, then we’ll be back to square one when (not if) the civil war takes hold. Deal with it. The sect-warring has gone on for GENERATIONS, we are not going to be able to quell that with a flick of the wrist. Bolster the Iraqi government and show them (gov’t) how to provide for it’s people.
    One thing about this mid-term test makes me very happy… the public actually cared enough to turnout and vote. A statement was made, and wether or not I’m happy about the outcome, its good to see the people show some interest.
    This momentum makes '08 even more crucial.

Considering my income isn’t $200,000 or above, I don’t have to worry about taxes. As far as man boy love, you’d have to ask Mark Foley, I don’t know too much about it.

Just so you know, the tax changes made in recent years have the highest income people paying MORE in taxes.

Well, dems have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. They have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. They have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, they have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

Makes me wanna switch sides

Even though I lean conservative (which is not = the current Republican party) I am glad we have a different party running Congress and in the White House. In general, the less the Government does the better. Gridlock>* as far as Washington goes.

Just so you know, not as much as they should.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Politicians-Win-Chart-C.jpg

“It’s a good night to be a politician,” said Todd Akin, an officeholder from Missouri. “The American people have spoken, and they have unanimously declared: ‘We want elected officials to lead this nation.’”

world domination.

:tup: great post.

to get out of office and let the real men get back to work. i know that im an underdog here but still i hate higher taxes and i hate crooks. now note repubs. did screw themselves out of office. but i would rather be in Iraq have the bad guys on the run, yes i did say that. they did brake 13 years of united nation santions did they not?

save your breath lol trust me

i would like not to get hammered in income taxes each week…and basically work 1/4 - 1/3 of the year for free for the govt.

A good chunk of that is NYS. And you just voted in a union endorsed Governor who wants to expand health care, when we’re already paying more in Medicaid than any other state, more than twice as much as the #2 spender.

So yeah, if anything you’ll be paying more in taxes by next year, not less.

As said before:

-Separation of Church and State

I’m a huge fan of defending civil liberties so
-Modifying the patriot act would be very important to me