What is your filter.

NAPA GOLD. Which is a filter that is made by WIX.

READ THIS THREAD:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

Also:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/opinions.html

Other than Jeff no one has added anything to this thread other than their opinion.

If you aren’t testing your oil with different filters (i.e. sending it to Blackstone Labs for analysis) then your opinion is useless. Maybe someone will post up how many PPM zinc was in their last oil cycle with a certain filter.

Also people should know many OEM filters are made by the same filter distributors being named here as inferior. Auto manufacturers source plenty of their parts from third party suppliers.

This :lol

The structure is Aluminum. The wear surfaces are all still ferrous. :tongue

Thank you.

Blackstone testing isn’t necessary in this case since there is an abundance of information and testing done on the matter on the net already. I just wish the members didn’t overlook the original question of “why?”, much less mentioned their % filtration knowledge.

The reason I bring this up is because I was appauled recently when a friend of mine went to the Toyota dealer to get his filter. I didn’t have a problem with him buying the filter but what I did mind is when he told me that his reason was that it’s the best, without any facts/data or information to back up his claim. That didn’t sit right with me so I wanted to shine some light on the subject.

Something to consider when somebody mentioned that PureOne is restrictive.

Fram: 1.6
K&N: 5
Amsoil: 5.3
STP: 5.3
Napa Silver 5.6
Napa Gold: 7.5
Purolator+ 7.5
Bosch 10
Mobil 1: 10
Pure1 12.9
Motorcraft: 20
Fram TG: 24.5

numbers listed reflect the adjusted drop in pressure in each filter

Source.

royal purple 5w30 and mobil 1 oil filters

That is actually the link I was looking for, I’ve got it saved on my other computer after multiple threads about this very subject in which people just assume $$ or OEM are the best.

Used to be OEM but I’ve read that they aren’t as good anymore because Nissan started to have them made in China. So, I’m using Mobil 1 or Napa Gold as of next oil change.

Amsoil 5w-30 XL oil changed every 5k.

OEM VW.

No problem Jeff. Apparently i have nothing to contribute though. :wtf

K&N, b/c
A. It looks cool
B. It adds ridic hp!
C. Its kept my engine together for years and years of abuse

You give the filter too much credit if you say that “it kept your engine together”

That’s like saying that “my PCV valve got me to 200k miles” :tongue

I’m going to claim that Jon was drunk and overlooked your post.

Whatever Keeler puts on it when I bring it in to be service. Assuming i’m running OEM filters.

Word. Mann/Mahle

BMW owners only please.

win

fuck that, I don’t wanted to be labeled as a BMW owner

same here.

if i had to use an “off the shelf” parts store filter it would be a purolator, hands down. they’ve been tested extensively and they filter the best hands down.

Paper towels and duct tape