Wheel offset shaving?

real aggressive = WIN

yeh but I dont wanna rub and fuck the tire up and shit…

hes talking about not running it because it will rub on the fenders. i’d would think you have to run a lot lower of an offset to run into other issues (think old school low rider style poke)

that’s why you roll fenders…but imo i love rubbing, especially when you have a passenger in your car and they get freaked out by it. my mr2 rubbed all the time, had a nice groove in the outside edge of the tire, ran it like this for years, nothing wrong with it unless you really can’t stand the smell of rubber.

word! i can’t wait to run double digit negative offsets on double digit wide wheels.

I mentioned getting fenders rolled and he was still worried about it… I just dont wanna run into problems. I trust what your saying though… I asked what my other options are lets see what he says…

if you want to stop by i can look at your fenders but i doubt there would be an issue after a role if 43 will not rub and all your ordering is a 35, 8mm difference is .3" (rounded) so unless you basically have no fender lip (which a few cars dont) i don’t see how you would have an issue after rolling them. i’ve never rolled a g8 fenders so i could be wrong but going from my experience i’d say you would be fine, and thats also why you don’t roll fenders till you have the wheels and tires, that way you make sure they don’t rub.

My father could probably do this type of job too, granted theres enough “meat” there to machine.

Ok we will go from there… I’ll look at the fenders and measure… Then get wheels and then go from there if I have too.

These offer a +40 offset for 20x10 in 5x120 pattern what do you guys think which ones you like better?
http://elementwheels.com/proddetail.asp?prod=mrrgt12085hsmrrgt12010hs

I like the TSW more cut edges on spokes to the mrr more rounded off… I also like how the lip on the tsw is mirror(chrome look) instead of the whole wheel being silver

I was just stating these guys were busting on your wheels, now youre looking for a different set.

On that note DiscountTire is good shit. Bought my wheels from there years ago. Lost my hubcentric rings recently, and they sent me a new set the next day without hassle.

I liked my old wheels but missed having a nice lip… Every wheel everyone else told me to get were 4 grand just for rims… these are both right around 1200.00

Plus my current wheels were a powdercoated type chrome that I was unaware of at time of purchase.

Measured my fender lip and its 7/8 of an inch.

also If I go with 19’s on the tsw’s I can get a 9.5 width and a +45 offset for the rears which would make them fit alottt better… but 19" tires are the same price if not more then 20’s

orrr… I can try better with the mrr’s in 20x10 with a +40 offset

I just got off the phone with element wheels… I’m going to order the MRR GT-1’s 20x10 rears with a +43 offset and 20x8.5 fronts with a +35 offset… Debating on the general uhp’s or hankook v12’s I’ll be throwing a 285/30/20 on the rear and 245/35/20 on the front…

i really hope your car is nowhere near stock height cause that car looks awful because it looks like it should go do some wheeling

I see what you mean… I dont think when I had my 20’s on it looked that bad? maybe it sits higher cause the 10" rears? idk… but I’ll have a hard time dropping it with the size of the rears and the offset lol

Its a little hard to tell from the angle but thats the best I have… You can kinda tell that the wheel is a little closer to the fender wells.