Where to dump oil??

I’ve got a bunch of this crap to get rid of too… now that I’m cleaning out my garage, I can’t believe how much I have stocked up… grrr…

hey, everyone bring it to my store if you want its on the corner of abbott and ridge in lackawana, i have a 250 gallon tank in the back, and we get credit for the oil, advance auto parts

is it the same for old coolant? just take it to advanced, etc?

found a few gallons last night i need to move

well, autozone wont take it…so anyone know where i can get rid of old coolant?

has yet to fail me.

even for coolant? here’s a quote from a guy from an autozone

if you do that and we get your plate on camera, we call the e.p.a. on your ass. because we get fined $1,500 for every gallon of antifreeze they find. every time they come to empty the tank of oil, they check for antifreeze. if its greater than 5%, they wont take it without a $5000 service charge. yeah, lets just say, im not happy about this situation, as that fine comes directly from each store’s bottom line. the store stops making money, i stop making money.

oh, i dunno.

I worked at a couple of repair shops when I was a kid… we used to dump the coolant inwith the earl. It was standard pratcice.

But this was ~10 yrs ago now.

bump.

Is this the one between N.Bailey and Millersport?

the one i was referencing to is between N Bailey & NFB, a block from francos.

sewer, river, neighbors yard, pet food bowl, ocean.

good suggestions Carnut!! sewer and neighbor’s yard are solid choices lol

thanks dude. Looks like I’ll be making a midnight oil drop run instead of harassing bracketracer with it.

There was a guy asking for used oil in the Buffalo news classified. He offered free pick up. Go on Buff news site, search for “used oil wanted”

Kloibers junk yard has an oil furnace.
I would think every junk yard would heat with oil.:gotme:

Found nothing on the Buffalo News classifieds or craigslist.

Thats why most shops will take it… for their oil burning furnace. I know that all of the shops (3) that I worked at did this.