who thinks they went overboard with Classifieds?

awwww, i’m gonna miss that…lol. :hay:

seriously, I like having the ability to comment in someones FS thread or having comments in mine…it prevents a lot of would be scams etc, and can give potential buyers peace of mind when dealing with someone…like vouches.

I am all aboard the “moderate your own thread” train.

yes, i like that idea.

maybe the about mods we have isnt correct?

Start a poll?

in for moderate your own thread

i just sent someone a pm about somethign they were selling, i really dont like it.

and, another thing. airhead knows his shit, you should probably listen to him.

It’s pretty simple IMO (I know from experience) be a total dick in FS thread, get banned.

I’m all for open posting, and just banning the hell out of people.

matt, read this if you havent already. if you have, read it again. he brings up a good point.

I’m with that 100%

In real life, transactions occur between a buyer and a seller. The buyer is responsible to research the product and seller on their own and make the most informed decision possible. They often can and do ask for the opinions of people they trust before purchasing. The seller is responsible to honestly represent their product, although they sometimes risk legal ramifications and ass-kickings resulting from misrepresentation. Ultimately, the transaction occurs between the buyer and seller only. They are the only stakeholders.

Although this communication medium allows for more people who otherwise would keep their mouths shut to voice an opinion, this is still real life and these fundamentals are the same. Perhaps those who are up in arms about this should examine why they depend on the feedback of uninvolved parties and sharpen their buying/selling skills accordingly.

Do you give your unsolicited advice to less knowledgeable people at Best Buy? No? Why not?

Do you expect random strangers to rescue you from a bad purchase when perfume shopping for your girl at Sephora? No? Why not?

Sure it would be nice if these rules didn’t have to be in place, but I for one welcome a little touch of reality.

:lol: Although I’d personally prefer that. Just saying I see the good in the new system too.

:wink:
I try, I try.

Do you ever bring a friend with you when you go to look at a vehicle?

I don’t take you seriously ever so I won’t comment on your posts. Yes, that was some pretty awful grammar on my part.

Yep, I ask for input from others for important purchases.

If I wanted to buy a BMW on here I’d PM MPD and ask for his take on the ad. If I wanted to buy a double headed dildo on here I’d ask for rubicant’s take on the ad. That way I wouldn’t have to sift through the opinions of people who may or may not have a clue what they are talking about.

:lol: Sorry, had to. It’s late.

Whatever. I’m in favor of whatever cuts down on the classified post whoring stupidity. Hell, maybe lift the chastity belt off it after 2 or 3 months of training. Kind of like how you can take the invisible fence collar off of a dog after a while…

:walter:
Clever.

Now, to the general public who actually care and matter.

This is going to proceed. I want you guys to have a little faith and give this a chance. We ARE going to have a variation of the “Good Guy, Bad Guy” so that people CAN see if someone is a fuck-up and not buy from them.

On another note, don’t be stupid when you buy something. Use common sense. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. As much as I sympathize with everyone and their qualms, too many people screwed this up for everyone. The trader forum was a goddamn mess.

We have put a lot of effort into getting this new system up and running so please give it a chance.

A stone just doesn’t cut it anymore. Nothing personal, Joe is just too nice to do that to. hahaha. It’s all good.

Suggestion, based on what this forum is supposed to be about, hear it out:

This is a locally based car forum, where we are supposed to pride ourselves in nicely modified cars. Why not just make the classifieds a priveledge? Like, you need 200 posts, before you can even use classifieds. This will weed out people that are here for the wrong reasons. The longer people are on here, the more they’ll realize how to conduct themselves, not just in FS threads, but overall in general. You can’t tell me the forum etiquette on NYSpeed.com is the same as 6speedonline.com. I bring this up, bec. people learn to adapt to their environments.

Continuing with that, there are a LOT of members on here that really know their stuff, and bring up incredibly valid points/questions in FS threads. Also, when someone vouches for someone on a local forum, that means a LOT. If someone I know and trust says, this car is good or the guy is a good seller, it gives me a lot more motivation to pursue it. That’s just a little reality.

Not allowing interaction in a FS thread for a local forum where most people know each other (or know someone that knows the seller, etc.), is absurd to me.

Every vehicle I have EVER sold, has been to friend’s of mine, who mainly bought them bec. they KNEW and TRUSTED me. I bring this up bec. when I see someone like MPD ask ?'s in a BMW FS thread, it is to get as much info. out as possible on the car, thus making the sale thread more valid, and worth pursuing.

That’s my $.02.

Very good point! I have been in the the same position many times on this forum. Cars or parts that other credible board members haven’t vouched for or given good informative points on have been disasters in my personal experiences,and the ones that people have, have gone smoothly.Less drama is created because the buyer basically knows what there getting into. example:buying my dsm.Which in my case or anyone else’s would love someone like Devioustsi to chime in or vouch on.

There is no way you can PM DeviousTsi to ask his opinion or anyone for that matter?