Who's drifting

i say drifting 101 and amature or open events. i am going to be entering alot, even the amature events this year. bu ti also like drifting for fun not sport. where i can just go out and do whatever and dori away wihtout having to think of what a judge is gunna point me. good to know you guys are thinking ahead, professionalism

amatuer and 101 for sure

Thanks for all the feedback guys. It looks like drift 101 and amateur is in store for the next season.

We’re trying to find sources for tires for the drift commmunity, what tires size is everyone here running on?

16"ers 50-55 series 205-225 wide

i have 17s but im going to be using 15s in the rear

so 195-205 50-55 r15

225/45/17 mostly but prolly bigger this year

235/40-45/17

I’m going to be starting on 205/45R16s

and hopefully progress my way up to 225/40R17s on KA…

^ if you can’t find 45s, go to 50 sidewall

50 sidewall is pretty common for 16"

but i suggest you pass the 16" phase fast

new 17-18" tires are cheaper on some brands than 16" and have a lot better sizing.

and when i say cheaper, i mean by $ vs amount of tire ratio

i want to run just 17s at the track but no one it selling cheap 17s that are 4 bolt

buywheelstoday.com 160$$$ for each rims in 17 and 18`` fron 195 up to 245 same prise

because the supply of good sized 17" 4bolt rims is low

i have yet to see more than 10 s13s with good sized and low offset 17" rims in 4bolt.

upgrade to 5bolt and you will have a ton of USED rims to choose from.

drift 101
and open or ametuer

All the above if that is possible, because that would satisfy everyone but that might be a little to much no?

Drift 101 is the worst, you can learn so much more open track.

225/50r16s but will need to go much wider like 285’s maybe…can you get that size?

I think you should run a semi pro series within the amiture series. let the guys with cages and sefety equipment battle it out between amiture battles. If you put the guys who are ready for the pros against the amitures in comp you may discourage them. Although some might use the tough competition to improve. just a thought

Wayn run the amiture series and run drifting 101/open laping with us we a have instructors lined up for those who want 1.

Chris

If people want to learn how to drift have open track days where you have 5 individuals that can teach people. They can jump into your car and go for a ride with you, provide tips, drive your car, etc.

That seems to be the way to go.

I agree. Drifting 101 would be good…its always hardest to start into something new.

I think if we had a section strictly dedicated to drift/grip events in the events section, making it a little more organized would get more people going out to the events,more people that know where to go will come. ( rims- 15’s and 17’s 50/205ish)

More open practice events are what i want most…the amature comps at CSCS and the one at DMCC are awsome but they are not for …practiceing…they are comps…so ide say we need more open days to learn before there can be alot of compititions. i am like most people i guess dont have a cage and am on a budget to how much i can do so making more events be mandatory to have cages and always have tandem and stuff is nice to watch but for people first starting out …we just wanna have space and time to learn more.

hopefully there is a open drift event at least 2 a month to go to this summer along with a few amature compititiions!