Who's drifting

Never wrote it off.

Oh, I never said you did. I was just kidding around anyway, I respect that you have the balls to push your car like that at the track. I don’t know if it’s cause you can afford to fix it if you mess it up, or just don’t care, but I know I can’t afford to be breaking mine. Even when I had my S13, it was a dirt cheap car, but it was my only car, I’d only be able to go balls out if it was a spare car that I could afford to repair/replace easily.

You only live once.

No, I couldn’t afford to fix it. No, I don’t have a 2nd car in case I mess up the first one. But I’m a risk taker, I’ll take my risks. Life is just more exciting that way.

Now stop being pussy and hit the track. Just don’t go full speed on your first day, go lap by lap and slowly build up speed until tire breaks loose. There you go, you’re drifting. Then work on your own technique/weight transfer/blah blah after the feel of what speed you can take corners at. Not hard at all.

amen to that

less talk…making me mad that its so many months away!

drift free weekend style

Woot This Time Ill Be Ready For The Drifting!

Shhhh, mother nature might hear you and screw me over so I wont be ready for spring!

is it possible to have like one free event per month? =D
or is that asking for too much.?

Free? Who do you propose pays the rental fee for the track?

Make sure you let us know when your done… we will invite you to one of our private days…maybe :slight_smile:

i want some where where i can go and fuck around and play and so i dont have to do it on the streets and fuck my car up again haha

Interested in some Drifting 101 and open drift days…

lol. It’s worth it for you just for the photos :wink:

Agreed^^^^^

To have a pro event, we need a pool of at least 40 cars/drivers with FULLY preped cars which includes cage, fire suits, loads of wheels and tires, possibly a pit crew.

How many here can put up their hands and say that they have a car ready to have a pro series with tandem drifting? Setting up a car for Pro requires a lot more money than you think.

Most people drifting now have the basics: suspension, sr20/kat, lsd. On top of that, you will need to add: $1500 - $2000 for a cage, $1000+ for fire suit, $200+ for gloves, $200+ for shoes, $500+ for helmet. Then you have to factor in the cost of the events, the tires that you will go though, gas money…

If you have all that already, you can always goto DMCC. They’ve all been drifting for 2 years and they all have FULLY prepped cars with some decent skill and tandem experience. I know some of us have the skill to compete with them but overall, we (as in Ontario) have a long way to go. An Amateur series (in our opinion) is the best thing to do right now. This will help prepare the drivers for a pro series not only with the skill required to drive the car but also with a general layout of how a pro competition series will run throughout the day and the season.

Still think Ontario is ready for a Pro series?

agreed^^^^^

Drifting 101 and some easy to enter amature events would be sweet

The only thing I’m missing is a pit crew…

Where do I sign up!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Lets get this going!!!

you can hire me to be pit crew, i have done it before.

im up for it, my ae86 is drift ready!!
even got like 6 spare tires to burn ^^!!!
just one problem…besides being a begginer, someone rear ended my car and almost finished my dreams of becoming a drifter and supporting the drift scene in ontario.

well im searching for kouki jdm bumpers atm and very broke atm to, will miss the 1st half of the year but hopefully i’ll join you guys on the 2nd half of the season, have to completely restore the damage and the rust of my ae86…and damn it has so much rust ><!!